It’s National Cream Tea Day today!!
And normally we would be celebrating this day by running Cream Tea Socials or perhaps delivering Cream Tea in a Box. This year however, we needed to think a little differently. So instead we’re challenging you all to make your own scones and share with us your delicious creations!!
Here are some that the Aquent team have made to inspire you:
- Cheese scone, with cheese and pickle filling
- Plain and Fruit Scones with Strawberry Jam and Clotted Cream filling
- Chocolate Chip Scones with Nutella and Marshmallow Filling
- Wholemeal raisin scone with cinnamon cream filling
- Raspberry Scone with Jam and Cream
You can use any scone recipe, but this is the one we use:
450g self raising flour
pinch of salt
2tsp baking powder
(makes 12 scones)
Rub the butter into the flour, salt & baking powder. Then mix together with the milk, in small amounts, to form a dough (you may not need all the milk). Then add any extra ingredients (cheese, raisins etc). Roll out and cut circles. Bake for 7-10 mins at 220c.
Happy National Cream Tea Everyone! Now let's get baking and don't forget to share your creations!