*** PLEASE NOTE: There are three openings in this Marketing Dept.
A major Advertising Company is looking for a Marketing Executive to join their team on a permanent basis.
ROLE ONE: Strategic Marketing
The purpose of this role is to produce marketing communications that support and implement our client's strategic business objectives. The role will work on marketing collateral for their commercial clients, including creating targeted presentations, printed material such as brochures, video content and photography. The role also helps to maintain their intranet, website and social media platforms. Alongside this, the role will support the Development teams in maintaining strong relationships with existing partners, and assist in acquiring new business.
You will work with the Sales/ Marketing and Development teams to enact the product plan and produce on going communications.
Translate strategic objectives and research data into meaningful go-to-market messages
Commission photography that showcases the product to the best possible standard
Ensure assets are classified for both audience, geographical and physical capabilities
Ensure that all marketing activity is aligned with key vision and stays on brand
Assist in developing and implementing the strategic marketing plan for partners
Track the development pipeline and ensure this feeds into the commercial marketing plan
Data analysis and creation of city guides to drive business decisions around tenders and contracts
Assist in producing corporate tender responses
Web content management
Work to keep the company intranet and website up-to-date
Ensure website photography and video content is always up-to-date and showcases the quality and expectations
Ensure product technical specifications are fully accurate at all times, including new and forthcoming products
Support the external communications team in producing press releases for key industry titles
(Marketing Week, Marketing Magazine, Campaign etc)
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Google Analytics is desirable
Experience in a fast-paced marketing environment
Creatively minded and able to offer innovative marketing ideas
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
First class attention to detail
Flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude
Confident, approachable and proactive
Proficient in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant discipline including but not exclusively; Marketing,
English, Media, Advertising, Business desirable but not essential
Must have media experience and able to work in high pressure environment
ROLE TWO: Communications
The communication team is responsible for communicating to both the external and internal market the company’s achievements in new products, innovative campaigns, its digital capabilities and its culture and values. Using many and varied channels the Marketing Executive – Communications will be responsible for the day to day output of the department.
Research and define stories
• Utilising multiple stakeholders in the business (sales, marketing, partnerships, CEOs, People team, Operations) define the relevant stories to take to market that support the overarching communications strategy. Write the stories in a style that highlights the communication pillar – ‘Product Innovation’, ‘Digital Effectiveness’, ‘Sustainability’, etc.
Manage the day to day external communication
• Using the relevant communications of official press release, twitter, social media, newsletter, e-mail and direct sales channels promote the relevant stories to the defined target market (agency, client, poster specialists, the public and brand advocates).
Manage the day-to-day internal communications
• Working with internal employee brand guidelines and the company’s mission and values promote the People team initiatives throughout the business using the most relevant communication vehicle – email, newsletter, company intranet, special events, brochures and materials.
• Monitor the output of the competitive set (media owners, poster specialist, agencies and clients) via online and specialist analytical tools.
• Monitor the company's output and track the success of individual storylines.
• Report monthly on the competitive position of the company to senior manager stakeholders.
• Create customer profiles and our brand advocates and key advocates in the industry.
• Define strategies to reach out to these advocates to promote key storylines. Continuously source the market for new up and coming advocates.
• A story teller
• Ability to simplify complex stories to key messaging.
• A networker and stakeholder manager.
• A curious mind to unearth stories from multiple sources
• Passionate about social media, communication channels and people.
• Technically proficient at analytics and reporting.
• A confident presenter of results and outputs.
• Excellent English language skills and who understands that different communication channels require different styles of language
- Degree in English, journalism or a relevant social science preferred
ROLE THREE: Insights
The role involves working with the Insight Team to support the National and Direct Sales Team with comprehensive insight and data collateral. Working across the wide portfolio of brands, this is an exciting and rare opportunity to get involved in the most sophisticated level of OOH media planning, data processing and research.
Support & Create Business Briefs (both reactively & proactively)
• Respond to requests from the National Sales Team covering multiple Out-of-Home environments (roadside, rail, shopping malls, supermarkets) using a combination of industry research tools (such as YouGov, Touchpoints, NMR, Telefonica, dunnhumby, CACI) and bespoke research case studies carried out by this company to ensure the sales teams are equipped with compelling content for their clients
Inform and Deliver Insight & Data for OOH Planning
• Ensure that the Sales Planners have all the insight and knowledge required to support the Business Managers in their client account teams
• Assist the Insight Team with any ad-hoc requests
• Assist the Marketing Communications Team with insight-related marketing requests (such as the monthly internal & client newsletters, the research specific Twitter account, survey questions for videos)
Project Management of Ad Hoc Research Projects
• Manage projects approved by the Insight Manager, including the analysis of EPOS sales data or campaign evaluations to include:
• Brief taking from internal and external stake holders
• Briefing and negotiating with multiple agencies or panel providers
• Analysis of results and presentation creation
• Delivery of presentation to internal and external stakeholders
Visualise our Media for Clients
• Produce maps which identify sites around the UK and their location in proximity to key retailers and events
Provide Campaign Accountability across three of the UK’s Largest Supermarkets
• Analyse EPOS sales data to produce presentations to be delivered to the client by the National Sales Team
Communicate the Impact of Best Practise OOH Planning
• Present research at relevant external and internal meetings alongside Sales Team members
• Regularly present at the Commercial Sales Meetings or Insight Sessions
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint
• Commercially focused
• Analytically minded
• Confident presenter
• Strong communicator who works well within a team
• Confident, proactive and a self-driven personality
• The ability to see the story behind the data
• Desire to learn and develop across a number of different skill sets
Educated in a relevant discipline including but not exclusively; Geography, Business, Marketing, Maths, Economics