A key member of the Global Commercial Analytics team the BI Analyst developer will play a pivotal role in supporting key stakeholders, ensuring they are able to effectively and quickly turn data that is available in internal systems into actionable information that drives business decisions and strategy through data visualisation tableau dashboards.
This is a key role within the team and the initial focus will be to delight the Leadership team taking their Analytic processes to new levels. This will include automating manual processes and improving and enhancing Analytic capabilities. You will be constantly seeking innovative ways to improve things all of which will help drive maximum profitability through robust and effective tools and processes.
o Ownership and automation of the current Tableau dashboards and creating new dashboards using the latest tableau instance.
o Develop tools, models and processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the business
o Support Analysts in Analytic projects to ensure that the data models are accurate and delivered according to deadlines
o Completing tasks in conjunction with team members, architects, and SMEs, including:
o Creation and implementation of technical solutions, including relational databases, reporting, and big data technology.
o Providing accurate estimates of development effort required.
o Conducting reviews of supplied requirements and specifications.
o Providing technical expertise to support project delivery and junior colleagues.
o Communication with other team members, internal staff, and clients
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
1. In-depth Tableau Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics / Virtualization software experience.
2. Proven Experience Big Data development: Hadoop, Splunk, etc. (5+ years)
3. Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
4. Developing Tableau Analytics and Management Dashboards (including Exception Management, Data Quality Checks etc).
5. Tableau Data Visualization for dashboard functionality (using cross tabs, heat maps, box charts, scatter plots, geographic maps, pie charts etc).
6. Experience of Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Maps, Trend Lines and Table Calculations.
7. Producing solutions designs for BI Reporting and Data Visualization.
8. Tableau server administration tasks including: setting permissions, ownership, access management and scheduling extracts.
9. Strong experience in Tableau BI tools and ETL.