I'm looking for an experienced Senior Software/Data Engineer who can write production-ready codes to acquire, cleanse, manipulate, store and retrieve data from a wide range of sources using leading edge open source tools, in the cloud.
My clients cloud-native applications and services rely heavily on data analytics and machine-learning methods, and your work will be critical to ensure the success of these.
Your main focus will be an exciting R&D project, but the tools, practices, and culture we put in place will have an impact across the company, globally.
In this role, you will write production-ready code to acquire, cleanse, manipulate, store and retrieve data from a wide range of sources using leading edge open source tools, in the cloud. You will be a talented and experienced developer who assumes the use of best practices in agile and test-driven development. While happy to work under your own initiative, you function best as part of a team, and enjoy mentoring others.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 4 years experience of leading, developing and delivering data driven solutions
- Very good experience in object-oriented language such as Java, Python.
- Confidence working on the command line (OSX, Linux)
- Very good experience working in a cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Agile methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration/deployment, version control
- Data modelling / design (relational and NoSQL)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience of API and microservice design
- Experience in designing effective system architectures
- Bachelors degree at the minimum
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Graph databases and data warehousing experience
- Open source messaging, stream processing and ETL frameworks (e.g. Kafka, Storm, Beam)
- Parallel analytics and query frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig)
- Linked Data/RDF, RDFS
- Experience of mentoring / supervising others
The team consists of developers, data engineers, data scientists, visualisation and UX practitioners.
Are you ready to make a positive difference in the world?
Then waste no time in applying to this position.