Apprenticeships were launched in the UK to show support towards local community initiatives focused on digital skills. This builds on the success of other initiatives such as The Digital Garage and the pledge to offer free digital skills training. There are currently 3 programs across LCS/Marketing (Digital Marketing), Corp Eng (Infrastructure Technician) and Engineering (Software Development). All programs offer study opportunities and work experience onsite, following the guidance offered by apprenticeship standards accredited by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each program has a different training provider, offering modules in digital skills. While open to anybody who is eligible, the programs were launched to encourage people from non-traditional backgrounds and routes into the digital sector by opening a pathway.
As an Apprenticeships Program Manager, with the support of the Apprenticeship Specialist, you will manage the delivery and ongoing execution of the revamped Digital Marketing Apprenticeships program and its first cohort. You’ll guide and partner with apprentices’ line managers, mentors and the training provider to establish the end-to-end programme plan for the cohort, overseeing the delivery of the curriculum, onboarding and ongoing pastoral care. You’ll be the primary POC for apprentices and line managers from both Sales and Marketing when escalating obstacles that might interfere with the timely and successful completion of the program, and performance management.
As part of the Global Apprenticeships team, you will also conduct continuous evaluation of the program, its goals, and its value. You will help identify and respond to challenges with creative and viable alternatives, given the apprenticeship program is still developing and requires guidance in its experimentation, development, and maturation (for example, bringing together the cohorts from all three UK programs to build a sense of community for apprentices, regardless of the specifics of the program they are enrolled in). You will partner with the POCs from the Sales & Marketing teams to ensure the program aligns with organisational goals and strategies.
- Primary POC for the apprentices, outside of the program-specific support network (e.g. manager, mentor), ensuring the best experience throughout their apprenticeship.
- Partner with the Apprenticeships Specialist for the program to ensure consistency and be aware of overall Apprenticeship team priorities and timelines. Ensure sharing of best practices and alignment, where possible.
- Navigate internal complexities and partner with legal, compliance, compensation team, employee relations, Policy, PR, Site Leads and People operations to shepherd sensitive and confidential information and align processes, with the support of the Apprenticeship Specialist.
- Collaborate with supporters of the program (Business POCs, Staffing, HR) to ensure successful running of the program design, including selection model, performance evaluations and outplacement.
- Oversee individual performance management evaluations and development to ensure accurate tracking and timing based on the pre-agreed timelines.
- Communicate across numerous UK offices through site-wide talks and other comms in coordination with site leads and executive sponsors of the programs.
- Co-lead external marketing and branding impact on our reputation as an employer in the UK, and more broadly as a promoter of opportunities for students. Support advertising of apprenticeship programs in the market via relevant channels, including representing externally at apprenticeship related conferences, events or roundtables with authorities and partner organizations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in program management, recruiting, marketing, HR, consulting or related area - External & Internal stakeholder management
- Strong project/program management skills PQs
- Track record of delivering results through successful program design and implementation. Proven expertise in managing long-term, large scale, cross-functional projects and senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the UK education and employment landscape, including the role apprenticeships play in bridging the UK digital skills gap.
- Highly motivated, innovative and creative professional with demonstrated project and budget management, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills and build strong, productive relationships to deliver results through successful program design and implementation.