Are you a quirky Senior Creative Services Manager who has a passion for creative and advertising?
My client is an innovative, forward thinking financial services company specialising in providing credit products to consumers are looking for a Senior Manager, Creative Services who will transform the internal creative studio, ensuring they have the right setup for future success, starting from scratch you will set up all the processes. You will oversee and directly three designers and manage the studio ensuring work of the studio team is delivered on time and to the highest standards.
The role will act as the entry point for the studio on behalf of the Marketing team, ensuring the studio has the correct skills, processes and resources to meet the creative needs of our exciting and fast paced Marketing department. Collaboration with the broader Marketing team is central to this role.
The Senior Manager will also be a lead in creative project delivery as required, working closely with project teams to help them understand technical creative requirements across our customer touchpoints for new product development.
The key focus areas for this role include:
- Day to day management of our internal studio team (including resource, workflow and SLA management).
- Prioritisation of work within studio.
- Creative lead for project delivery as required.
- Accountability for creative quality and output of studio team.
- Continual review and improvement of processes.
- Management of key production partners of the studio.
- Creative expert and custodian for Marketing.
- Ad-hoc special design projects as required.
- Day to day management of our internal studio team including resource and workflow planning, SLA performance and reporting – ensuring the studio has the skills and resources it needs to best service internal customers.
- Development and ownership of all processes of the studio ensuring correct workflows are in place for studio team and Marketing Managers to enable effective briefing and best practice creative process.
- Prioritisation of work and day to day focus for studio, partnering closely with Senior Managers across Marketing teams to align to broader commercial objectives while balancing delivery across a number of campaigns.
- Ownership and facilitation of prioritisation forums with broader Marketing team.
- Accountability for creative output of studio team, ensuring correct internal studio approval processes are in place and work is to the highest standard. This role will be key to lifting the level of creative output for the studio team to ensure the studio is producing best in market creative work.
- Ownership of creative relationships with internal creative teams across our high profile Co-Brand Retailer portfolio and partners from the creative agency panel.
- Management of all production partners and key suppliers of the studio.
- Management of all studio headcount and associated budget.
- Additional responsibilities
- A proven and demonstrated design and creative background.
- Proven experience leading and managing an internal creative studio or team.
- A proven understanding of disciplines across the creative spectrum – copy, artworking, creative, digital design, digital build.
- A thorough understanding of design based systems across the Adobe Creative suite.
- Expert understanding in IT requirements and needs of a studio to ensure success.
- A thorough understanding of the creative and campaign process the full channel mix (primarily print and digital).
- An eye for creative with the ability to articulate creative to a commercial audience.
- Experience developing and optimising studio processes to ensure efficiencies and optimum ways of working.
- People management of a creative team of 3+.
- Stakeholder management and prioritisation skills.
- Organisational skills within a fast paced environment.
- An understanding of the print production and colour reproduction process.
- Ownership of creative partner relationships (either agency or production).
- Delivery of studio reporting (including financial).
- Budget and headcount management.
- Ability to multitask across multiple brand portfolios.
- Hands on delivery of TTL materials and product literature (forms, brochures, letters).
- Experience working in financial services.
- Exposure or experience developing creative for financial promotions.
- An understanding of HTML development process.
- Experience working agency side across a range of creative roles.
- Supplier contract development/management.
- Brand Management experience.
- Personal Attributes