A global tech customer training and events space is on the hunt for the perfect person to join its onsite team of event masterminds! The Academy London team provides a carefully orchestrated blend of space, team and processes that take customer education events to the next level. Hundreds of people a day pass through our doors as they attend workshops, hackathons and classes hosted by teams across the whole business. We’re right in the heart of London: our 40,000 square feet of inspirational rooms, auditoriums and breakout areas are right by Victoria station.
As an Event Assistant, you are the face of Academy London and your work directly impacts the success of the events that happen here. You will play a critical role in coordinating event scheduling, production and execution: from briefing the event agencies on all the necessary information required to run a successful event, to ensuring everything is prepared for the big moment itself. You will also manage the day-to-day running of the delegate experience, providing first-class customer service to all of our delegates, who for the most part are marketing and technology executives from large global customers. We’re actively looking for candidates who have diverse backgrounds and personalities, but this role does require someone who has previous logistical or customer service experience, a creative flair and excellent communication skills.
Duties include (but definitely not limited to!):
- Managing delegate arrival, exit and movement around the space
- Ensuring the space always meets our standards
- Providing on-the-day proactive and reactive event and logistical support
- Briefing hosts on event management best practice
- Liaising with external and internal stakeholders to respond to event host requests
- Owning ad hoc projects to enhance the guest experience (this could be process improvement, data analysis, space design, marketing, tech)
- Maintaining and adding to documentation about your role, as a guide for future team members
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to point to previous experience in (and passion for!) events/logistics/customer service
- Cool, calm and collected when faced with unexpected guest and host requests
- Polite and respectful in all interactions with stakeholders, regardless of who they are
- An excellent communicator, verbally and across written media
- A true team player who can also proactively take ownership for solving problems independently
- Supremely organised; someone who can multitask and meet deadlines
- Excited to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing, environment
- Quick to execute tasks according to established process, but will always be on the lookout for faster, smoother and new ways of doing things.