Our client is looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join their innovation team. You'll be collaborating with teams across the Digital department to solve business problems - internal and external; by coming up with creative solutions and employing future technologies that can have a revolutionary impact on our clients' bottom line.
You'll be encouraged to research new technologies, attend necessary events, and come back to present the benefits of the technologies to senior stakeholders and how they could be used within the business. You will then be working across various Scrums to develop the use of the new technology, working to innovate their offering.
This will be 50% research & advocacy and 50% hands on development
Salary up to £75,000 per annum
Key skills and responsibilities;
• Experience with, and desire for, high quality and reliable service development
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
• Strong development skills in Scala or Java. Familiarity with Python, Go and Clojure is a plus.
• Bullet proof system design with solid tests
• Experience with stream pipelines and data store technologies (nosql, wide column and graph). They are currently using Cassandra, Kafka, Amazon dynamoDB, Redis, Neo4j and Mysql.
• Experience working at scale with distributed Big Data technologies.
• An interest in AI first software engineering and data
• Interest or experience in NLP, ML, disambiguation strategies and semantic approaches are plus points
• Moving on with new ideas to help find solutions with the emphasis on how can technology or a new creative method help make improvements.
• Experience in Agile (Scrum) development.
• A degree in a computer science, mathematics or a physics discipline
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues
• A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills even in the face of demanding deadlines
• Mentor the team and inspire experimentation.
• Facilitate and encourage training.
• Established as a technology leader, working closely in cross functional teams and encompassing different technologies into solutions.
• Nurture and encourage innovative ideas to problem solving, empower the team with the current line of thinking to produce the most cost effective solutions.
• Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.