Our clients marketing team is passionate about creating amazing customer experiences, and understanding how to do so through deep, fact-based customer insights.
As a Regional Analytics and Insights Lead, you will be a part of the global Research, Analytics and Insights team (“RAI”).
The global RAI team is based in California, and you will work closely with that team to ensure consistent methodologies; you will reside with the [APAC or EMEA] retail marketing team and work out of the office.
The RAI team is responsible for analyzing and understanding the impact of Retail marketing efforts and influencing future Retail strategy and design based on fact-based results.
- You will manage all aspects of retail marketing analytics in the [EMEA or APAC] region, including in-store consumer surveys, qualitative shop-along, sales uplift analyses, and channel marketing / digital analytics.
- You will both build and execute your own research and analysis, as well as manage vendors in executing and building decks.
- You will be responsible for research methodology and design, synthesizing insights to drive actionable recommendations, and building compelling consulting-style analysis and executive review decks.
- Your insights will influence retail marketing strategy, creative, and messaging
- Meet with internal and external clients in-region and on the global team, such as Go-to-Market and Country Marketing leads to understand needs and scope research projects
- Drive in-store research in-region, such as intercept surveys and qualitative shop-alongs, through developing research briefs, setting project goals and learning objectives with internal stakeholders, working with retail partners to secure permissions, synthesizing insights, and developing final reports with external vendors
- Run sales uplift analyses to determine incremental impact of retail marketing efforts on sales, and associated cost efficiency
- Analyze performance of in-store demos through leveraging raw data from demo devices to understand reach, most popular content, level of shopper engagement, and make recommendations on what works well and improvement opportunities
- Lead channel marketing analytics efforts in-region, including tracking spend, building targets (pre-campaign) and analyzing success (post-campaign) for online and offline marketing campaigns designed to market Google hardware products through our retail partners
- Areas of focus include estimating Sales lifts, CPM, Click through Rate, Cost per Click, Conversion Rate, Cost Per Incremental Device sold, and lifts in awareness / consideration
- Build and deliver compelling presentations to senior leaders (Director and VP level), which distill key insights as well as provide actionable recommendations to all our teams (global creative, global go to market, country, regional etc)
- Influence country marketing trams to take actions based on analytics insights and recommendations
- Collaborate with the global analytics team to develop analytical approaches and tools for broader Retail Marketing problems and ensure consistency in methodologies and deliverables
- 5+ year’s experience in Market Research or consulting BA/BS degree with a strong analytical focus (STEM or quantitative social sciences)
- Proficient in Google docs, sheets, slides (relevant Microsoft experience will suffice)
- Comfort working with and manipulating data, building models, running scenarios or sensitivities, and summarizing key takeaways and insights
- Deep expertise in data analytics, modeling and research; proven ability to conduct brand monitoring, clickstream analytics, predictive modeling and data visualization
- Highly attuned communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and drive action with other teams not directly under your control
- Experience working in retail/ consumer goods, or consumer electronics / mobile
- Ability to use advanced data analysis packages and languages such as R and SQL
- Experience planning for and managing large-scale, interrelated, complex projects, and coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional team members to deliver quality results
- Executive presence to actively manage and run cross functional meetings
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multinational technology company.
If this sounds like you and you wish to know more, then please do apply right away!