- £49k PAYE pro rata + bonus and more
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- Starting: ASAP/Notice
- Salary/PAYE basis: up to £49k PAYE pro rata + bonus, 33days paid holiday pro rata, meals and other perks
- Duration: 6 months temp contract + extension
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Central London
We are looking for an exceptional Lab Engineer to help run our client’s Robotics Lab.
An ideal specialist is a person who is unafraid to get his/her hands dirty and has a true passion to make things work seamlessly and efficiently.
You will engage and effectively coordinate with a wide stakeholder group within the lab and wider organisation (e.g Workplace Management, Security), write Technical Documentation (Technical Specifications, Engineering Drawings, Assembly Instructions, Wiring Diagrams etc) and share your findings with the wider lab team and robotics stakeholders.
This position requires a real passion for technology and a multi-disciplined approach.
You might be contributing to running the most sophisticated agent on the robotics hardware one day and the next you’ll be designing or building setups to support another exciting experiment.
- Provide hardware design and support for research projects
- Work with researchers on designing new robotics environments
- Build and maintain the robotics lab Workshop influencing with your experience the choice of the machinery to add
- Making sure all robotics Lab equipment (CNC Machines, 3D Printers, Electronics Equipment) is always in perfect working condition
- Collaborate with in-house procurement to make sure the stocks level is always maintained, and no downtime is suffered from missing items (fasteners, tools, consumables for the printers, raw building materials)
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with one or more parametric CAD systems (Onshape, Solidworks, CREO, Inventor, Autodesk360, NX, Catia) is a requirement as well as a passion for DIY, additive manufacturing and CNC machining (expect hands-on test)
- Familiarity with electrical prototyping systems (such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi), circuit design (EAGLE, Altium)
- Experience with circuit testing (using Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers) is highly preferred
- Assembly/disassembly small and big mechanical assemblies
- Managing / Running a FabLab or a MakerSpace or a university Robotics Lab
- Experience with mechanical and electronic design
- Experience with low-level embedded software and firmware
- You are passionate about what you do and are often found in a FabLab or a MakerSpace when off work
- You have strong experience in manufacturing in at least one of the following areas of expertise:
- -A rapid Prototyping / Additive manufacturing
- -Laser / Waterjet Cutting. Sheet Metal
- Basic knowledge of Python
○ Python is the preferred language for development
If this sounds like you and you wish to know more, then please do apply right away!
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The state of the art offices in Central London are conveniently located with quirky interior, fancy add ons (restaurant, gym , terraces, kitchens and fun break out spaces). Offering great free facilities to employees and contractors alike. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.