Role: Retail Marketing Specialist
Location: London, Central St Giles office
Duration: 12 months (can be extended to 23)
The UK Retail Marketing team has the goal to bring the best of Chrome OS devices in the hands of consumers increasing purchase consideration and conversions at point of sales from online to call centers and in store. We work internally with teams across the Google organization, as well as in close collaboration with outside retailers, operators, manufacturers, and many others, to bring our shared vision to life.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for executing the fixture and channel marketing strategy for Chromebooks with 3rd party retailers. You’ll be informed about the strategic approach, and have a strong point of view on the creative output, making sure that the execution hit the excellence bar and happens in a smooth way. You will ensure the best retail execution for Chromebooks by managing the relationship with 3rd party retailers, content partners, coordinating creative agencies, and liaising with the sales teams. This role necessitates being at ease at the intersection of retail expertise, creativity, user insight, and attention to details. You will have to manage project schedules, creative reviews and project management resources across all work streams, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs, mitigation options, and recommendations to project stakeholders and the team.
Partner management with UK and Irish retailers and carriers:
* Deep Dives (Amazon, John Lewis).
* Longtail: Ireland (Harvey Norman, Argos and Power City), AO.com.
* Rollout new online and offline brand presence with each of the retailers.
* Build annual channel marketing plans with each of the retailers, ensure execution with our creative agencies and analyze metrics and insights to improve the next year’s annual plan.
* Innovate with one retail special pilot projects to increase conversion in-store.
* Gather consumer insights and market analysis for the retail environment.
* Understand industry dynamics and user satisfaction, and use this knowledge to inform product and marketing strategies.
* Develop strong relationships with Hardware Sales, Retail Ops, and Product teams in order to develop and plan significant launch moments throughout the year.
* BA or BS Degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* 3 to 5 years of marketing experience.
* A track record of marketing excellence and building partnerships, with experience working in retail and/or technology.
* Strong creative judgement.
* A talent for distilling complex issues into simple and intuitive narratives.
* Outstanding execution, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills.
* A great attitude - be ready to roll up your sleeves and operate in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
* Sense of humor.