Legacy Marketing Manager – Charity/NFP
12-month contract starting asap.
£35k plus benefits
Based in Marylebone
Our client is a very well established NFP fund looking for maternity cover for their Legacy Marketing Manager who leaves end of June. The right person will have proven experience of legacy marketing and charitable giving would be an advantage. You will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and show initiative, flair and enthusiasm for the work. You will have opportunity to work alongside the Direct Marketing Manager, Digital Fundraising Executive and Community Fundraising team in the organisations centenary year.
You will be responsible for rolling out campaign on digital and tv channels in the autumn as well as the stewardship programme for those that respond and events for promoting gifts in wills. You will also promote in memoriam and tribute giving. This is an integral role for the organisations who relies on these donations for around 60% of their total income for the year.
You will be responsible for delivering the new legacy strategy, rolling out the campaign across digital and tv channels, refreshing materials and establishing a communications programme to promote legacies to supporters as well as to others who have expressed an interest in legacies.
- Implement all aspects of the legacy strategy to support the growth plans for this source of income with the Legacy Administration Manager agree income targets.
- Set KPI’s for all marketing activity for the annual business plan and report on these with each activity.
- Using the CARE database and external sources such as the Legacy Foresight reports keep abreast of developments in the market that will impact RAFBF’s legacy income and communicate these to the appropriate colleagues.
- Identify suitable audiences for the legacy message and the most suitable medium to carry the message.
- Develop a communication programme for legacy pledgers, legacy enquirers and intenders.
- Equip other colleagues based in Head Office and Regional Offices to promote legacy giving to supporters and when appropriate welfare beneficiaries
- With the Direct Marketing Fundraiser ensure newly recruited supporters receive information on legacy giving through the One Heart newsletter and solus mailings.
- Organise a number of events each year aimed at promoting legacy giving
- Develop an In Memoriam programme using online and offline methods to ensure this source of income is maximised
- Offer an online tribute system for friends and families to remember a loved one and to raise funds for the RAF Benevolent Fund.
- Keep up to date all materials for In Memoriam giving
Must have skills:
- Proven experience of in a fundraising role
- Experience of using a computerised database
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload
- Able to communicate effectively, empathetically, concisely and confidently on the telephone, in writing and in person to a wide and varied audience
- Have budgetary and financial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven legacy marketing and/or direct marketing experience
- Proven experience of promoting In Memoriam giving
- Proven events management
- Use of the CARE database