Wireless Network Deployment Engineer
• Support operator and systems integrator, during and after deployment of powered connectivity
• Contribute to complex projects via writing and reviewing specifications and test plans, with focus on end-toend integration, security, network performance, key performance indicators, network and resource
• Analyze and debug performance issues on wireless networking products working with a cross functional group
of engineers to root cause.
• Integrate various hardware and software elements into end-to-end configurations that are ready for lab trials,
field trials and deployment related activities.
• Work cross-functionally with local municipalities, engineering, and 3rd party vendors.
• Work cross functionally with partners, project management, and network engineering to build network designs
to solve for connectivity requirements.
• Develop test and validation plan for deployed wireless broadcast, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and full
• Travel regularly (up to 30%) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
• Firm understanding of networking architectures that provide connectivity to end users (at home, at work, at
public spaces, in transportation, etc) and the relevant network design trade-offs and common deployment and
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and commonly-used routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
• Experience in working with Linux/Unix
• Ability to automate and manage networks using programming languages such as Python
• 5+ years’ experience deploying, maintaining, and administering networks
• Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Relevant network certifications (JNCIP/JNCIE, CCIE/ CCNP, RHCSA)
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Solid understanding of WiFi base communications including fundamentals such as SNR, RSSI, MCS, and Tx/Rx
• Familiarity with AAA protocols such as RADIUS.
• Experience with network traffic generators (eg., IXA, Spirent, Xena), traffic impairment boxes, KPI
measurement tools, spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers (eg., wireshark)
• Preferred: Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging
• Preferred: Experience within the wireless telecommunications industry specifically working with LTE RAN /
Core Engineering, RF Engineering, IP Networking, Live network LTE Trials and commercial deployment.
• Preferred: Technical knowledge of various regional electrical configurations, AC/DC power, power redundancy
B.S. Electronics and Telecommunications or related discipline