Location: Central London
Rate: £13.70 p/hr negotiable (DOE)
The main responsibility of the Workplace team is ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations in the workplace. No two days are alike for Workplace, as the focus can change in an instant in response to the shifting priorities within the office.
The successful candidate will be proactive and creative and will be encouraged to express new ideas on improving the overall experience in the workplace, ensuring that we are using our resources to the optimum.
Our London office is a fast-paced and expanding operation with a variety of Workplace needs. We are looking for a hands-on, customer-focused individual to help keep pace with our growth within a modern and dynamic environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual, working for a company that seeks excellence and encourages Freedom and Responsibility.
Job responsibilities include:
● Responsible for the monitoring and upkeep of constant quality at the workplace throughout the day and ensuring Health and Safety within the workplace is always observed
● Contribute to the improvement of existing processes, evaluating workflows to identify areas of improvement where possible
● Assist on projects involving floorplanning, planning and executing changes and moves
● Assist with Reception duties such as presenting a professional and welcoming first contact to all visitors, coordination of the shipping and receiving of parcels, collecting and delivery post and packages, etc.
● Helping to maintain Health and Safety within the office, incl. carrying out monthly inspections, ensuring certification of Safety supplies, checking First Aid boxes are stocked and within date, etc.
● Respond to emergencies as needed to minimise any downtime within the workplace
● Be a member of the emergency response team (training will be provided if required)
● Assist with onboarding and welcoming new employees into their new workplace
● Responsible for the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
● Assisting with the coordination and set up of special events within the office
● Some ad hoc administrative tasks as required
● Experience in a similar position for a minimum of 3 years is needed to be successful in this role
● A team player of approachable and social disposition, with ability to maintain successful relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
● Self motivated and proactive, hands-on, and not afraid to tackle any problem however big or small
● Demonstrable problem solving skills, with the ability to be reactive to the current needs of the workplace, often requiring on-the-spot decision making
● Strong attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
● Accustomed to multitasking in a fast-paced creative environment, with the ability to anticipate team needs and respond accordingly
● Flexible attitude and willingness to sometimes work outside of the usual office hours
● Knowledge and proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, etc.
● Some experience with Photoshop or similar creative software would be an advantage