Senior Copywriter: Internal Communications – Agency
Journalism experience preferred.
Temp to perm role.
Freelance available to start 11th December
Pay rate up to £250 per/day LTD / £60k perm equivalent + competitive benefits
Our client is an agency giant with global offices and an HQ based in Southbank. They require a Senior Copywriter, with journalism and long copy experience to work on their internal communications. This would include the global website and other subsidiaries.
Attention to detail is absolutely key in this role. Especially on your application. The right person will be polished, presentable and confident to interview senior executives and personalities across the network. You will be working closely with the SMT and CEO on a daily basis.
The right person will have worked for a well known brand or agency, ideally with global reach. This is not your stereotypical copy role. You MUST be a professional, seasoned writer and editor happy to work on all aspects on internal comms from interviewing the CEO through to annual reports. This will be more of a senior corporate feel than a standard creative agency copy role.
- Write and produce high-quality content for internal and external corporate channels, tailoring copy to different audiences.
- Act as the Communications team’s editor and proof-reader, setting and maintaining high standards for written content across all internal and external corporate channels.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Content, Communications Manager, designers, agencies and other internal and external partners to support channels, intranet and new thought leadership platform, and the production of internal and external corporate publications.
- Draft, edit and proof-read copy for corporate publications, including the annual report.
- Work closely with the Head of Content to produce ideas and written copy to coincide with key international milestones and speaking events.
- Draft articles, blogs, internal staff memos and speaking notes for the CEO and senior leadership.
- Professionalise the in house style and tone of voice for a range of channels, building written and proofreading capability within the wider Communications team.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record of delivering written communications to deadline, at the highest editorial standards.
- Extensive experience of working and delivering copy in a fast-paced and pressurised environment, ideally in a newsroom.
- Knowledge of or experience working in the communications, marketing and media industry, technology industry or politics/the government sector.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a busy workload, balancing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to convey complex messages and information in clear, concise and engaging written English.
- Outstanding copy-editing and proofreading skills.
**Full details available on application. We are only able to contact those successful at shortlisting**