11 month contract-can go 22 months.
33 days holiday and bonuses eligible
Our Company in AR/VR is the world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work
alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that will make VR and AR
pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the
world. We are seeking a Program Manager Contingent Worker for an initial period of a year to work from
our London office and support the development of an advanced optics system for our AR/VR product line.
As we develop early prototypes and forge a path to mass production, the successful candidate will be
critical to coordinate our efforts between our teams in Redmond, WA and Menlo Park, CA with our vendor
located in Oxford, UK.
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record in technical program management, coordinating
between teams located remotely in different time zones. They will posess a solid technical background
and understand technical development methodologies and concepts. Additional knowledge of optics and
optical subsystems would be highly desirable.
This is a full-time contingent work position based in London, UK.
Skills: Key responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with, support and manage all of the local UK vendor's research and development
activities that support the Facebook programs
• Develop/enhance a research and development plan to meet our technology's performance and
• Drive the execution of the program in close collaboration with the Redmond and Oxford teams.
• Propose and help develop internal/vendor processes to increase efficiency and improve R&D
• Work closely and onsite with the vendor (in Oxford) keeping all the development activities
moving forward as planned.
• Collaborate closely with the team in Redmond making sure all the plans and milestones are well
• Together with the local TPM, prepare and deliver weekly status reports to the wider team and
management in Redmond.
• Keep organized and precise documentation of the work being performed
• Support management with analyzing design tradeoffs including manufacturability, testability
• Organize and lead required face to face and remote meeting with vendors
Education: Minimum Qualifications:
• BS or MS degree in a related Engineering field or equivalent experience
• Experience in technical project management in hi tech engineering projects
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills
• Experience in optics and optical devices
Skills and Experience:
PROGRAM MANAGER/PROJECT ENGINEER