- Central London
- £55.28 p.h. on PAYE (£114.9k) pro-rata
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 11 - months temp contract + extension
- Starting: ASAP/Notice
- Salary/Pay: £55.28 PAYE p.h. (£114.9k) pro-rata
- Perks: 33 days holiday pro-rata + meals and more..
- Duration: 11 - months FTC + extension
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Central London
We are looking for an experienced Wireless Network Engineer to join our client's Connectivity Team.
The ideal Specialist will partner/work alongside some of the largest internet providers to Test the Products and Technology, write documentation, write about bugs, collaborate with partners, internal stakeholders, networking and wireless.
- Support operator and systems integrator, during and after deployment of Facebook powered connectivity technologies
- Contribute to complex projects via writing and reviewing specifications and test plans, with focus on end-to-end integration, security, network performance, key performance indicators, network and resource management systems
- Configuration and integration of RAN radio equipment and backhaul technologies such as microwave/satellite with EPC core network
- Testing and validation of features such as LTE mobility management, handoffs, roaming architecture, CSFB, VoLTE, etc.
- Integrate various hardware and software elements into end-to-end configurations that are ready for lab trials, field trials and deployment related activities.
- Execution of test plans ensuring requirements are met, automation of test cases, documentation of test procedures, reporting and analysis of issues, bug fix verification
- Creating various documents for system integrators, engineering and network operators (eg. training, installation, troubleshooting)
- Configuration and testing of wireless systems (2G GSM, 3G UMTS, 4G LTE, WiFi) in a lab and field trial environment, with focus on cellular core network elements (MSC, IMS, MME, SGW/PGW, OCS, PCRF, etc.)
- Work cross functionally with partners, project management, and network engineering to build network designs to solve for connectivity requirements.
- Travel regularly (up to 30%) in-region (EMEA) for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Firm understanding of networking architectures that provide connectivity to end users (at home, at work, at public spaces, in transportation, etc) and the relevant network design trade-offs and common deployment and operational challenges.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and commonly-used routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
- Strong knowledge of RAN KPIs, backhaul KPIs and core KPIs
- 3+ years’ experience deploying, maintaining, and administering networks
- Strong experience in writing & automating test cases, API integration, python scripting
- Troubleshooting and replication of issues seen in lab trials and field trials. Collect and analyze network and device logs and work with vendors and operators to close on issues
- Experience configuring, testing and integrating UE, eNB, SGW, MME, PGW, EPC, PCRF, OCS, IMS
- Experience with network traffic generators (eg., IXIA, Spirent, Xena,TM500, UE100), traffic impairment boxes, KPI measurement tools, spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers (eg., wireshark)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Preferred: Technical knowledge of various regional electrical configurations, AC/DC power, power redundancy scenarios.
- Prefered: experience with cloud-based controllers, orchestrators, carrier WiFi offload, LTE-U and Private LTE.
- Prefered: Experience with Openflow and other SDN controllers.
- Working knowledge of 3GPP specifications, specifically 2G GSM, 3G UMTS, 4G LTE
- LTE, wireless network engineer and Linux experience is useful.
- DevOps & Linux experience is of high advantage
- Travel in EMEA-Africa, India, and Israel
The Largest Social Media Company in the World.
The B2B Solution of the largest Social Media Company in the world
The Charity and NGO focused solution for the largest Social Media company in the world.