Our client is a leading agency network who have an exciting opening for a UI/Visual Designer (Mid/Snr level) to join their rapidly growing team and work on some of the most exciting digital products on out there. You will be joining new and evolving team with lots of opportunity to grow your skills and portfolio on a varied products, projects and clients and lead projects and mentor others on the right brief. .
As a passionate UI designer you will bring a sense of enthusiasm and ownership to all the projects you work on, you will care about interfaces and visuals that not only look great but work brilliantly too. They want someone looking for the next step in their their career. You will be someone who wants to design their best digital output, for some great clients, across experiences and comms, and be a part of this exciting, evolving part of the agency.
The role entails:
● Working with Creative Directors / Interactive Leads to shape and create great work on projects including but not limited to responsive site design, apps, games and other interface design, as well as online advertising and motion.
● Contributing as necessary to the creative idea / execution of a project
● Being able to create work to a required specification (atomic design principles, grid structure, template, file size, duration, supported devices, templates, and guidelines etc)
● Working with, collaborating on, and creating design systems.
● Offering valid input, insights and solutions to a creative or technical challenge within your projects. You can workshop, and design think, as well as output.
● Collaborating with the UX and technical teams to incorporate new and emerging technologies, principles and methodologies where needed.
● Being able to work on multiple projects concurrently, as required, without impacting the quality of the deliverable
● Being able to follow and understand briefs and instructions, highlighting missing information or areas where further clarification is required or possible missed opportunities.
● Keeping up to date with current design trends and industry best practice methods.
● Pro-active communication and responsibility on project progress.
● Willingness to learn and develop skills suitable to make the best work you can.
● Being a team player interested in supporting and growing more junior members of the team.
● Being ok with regularly working on site at some of our clients offices as required.
Eligible candidates needs to:
● Have a portfolio demonstrating good experience and all round ability in interactive design across a selection of the following: user interface, apps and responsive design - to create beautiful and well thought out masterpieces. As well as digital comms, emails and motion
● Have a strong understanding and passion of both UX and UI.
● Be able to not only UX concepts but as required visualise them in accordance to established design systems.
● Have strong typographic skills, beautiful design aesthetic and an eye for detail within screen design.
● Have a good understanding of motion and micro interaction design.
● Have an excellent working knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Invision DSM, and prototyping.
● Have a healthy proactive interest and understanding in other areas of interaction design like voice, chatbots, and AR.
● Be a good communicator: written, verbal and graphical
● Have a huge amount of pride and passion for the work that you do
● Have a flexible approach to managing time and multiple projects effectively
● Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
● Have tenacity, positivity and focus to find solutions to problems as they arise
● Have a passion for the web / mobile and anything digital
Essential software skills:
Sketch, invision, principle (prototyping tools), photoshop
● Motion Graphics: Using Adobe After Effects and/or Cinema 4D
● Understanding and/or working knowledge of HTML5/CSS/JS (but you're not a developer).
Based in their central London offices and with some requirement for UK travel to client sites.
If this sounds like you and you are keen to find a fun team to work with for 2020 apply today. The client has also added that at this stage there will be no extra 'task' stage so as to keep the interviews the focus and a tight time turn around.
Please apply with an up to date CV & portfolio of case studies.
We can only consider applications from those with the existing right to work in the UK