- central London
- £23.64 p.h. PAYE (£49k) pro-rata + Bonus
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 12 - months FTC + extension
- Starting: ASAP/Notice
- Salary/Pay: £23.64 p.h (£49k) pro-rata on PAYE + Bonus
- Perks: 33 days holiday (pro-rata) + meals, Gym, and other perks
- Duration: 12 - months temp contract + extension
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Central London
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Multi-National Technology client in their King's Cross office.
The ideal specialist will have previous experience analysing larage datasets and preferably coming from a healthcare background.
You will work alongside two Data Analysts/Scientists, and in collaboration with a larger team based in California, on a large healthcare data mapping project.
Clinical data are often recorded in proprietary formats, do not conform to standards and have numerous idiosyncrasies. To overcome this challenge, clinical data ingested by Google Health needs to be mapped and cleaned to a common data model.
This work contributes to a number of Google Health projects and products, downstream of the mapped datasets.
- Analyse raw electronic health record (EHR) data to gain understanding of the data structure, relationships, complexity and completeness
- Map the raw datasets to a standardised data model (FHIR) using a SQL-based config language
- Debug potential data issues by comparing different data metrics and writing ad-hoc SQL queries
- Maintain and update documentation relating to datasets and mappings
- Develop detailed knowledge of raw EHR data and data mappings, becoming the go-to person for the team's questions related to area of expertise
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, epidemiology, computer science, economics) or a scientific discipline with a significant numerical component
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in an analytical role, preferably within healthcare
- Evidence, through degree or work experience, of strong numerical skills
- Experience cleaning and extracting data from messy datasets
- Experience analysing large datasets using SQL
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for developing detailed knowledge of electronic healthcare data and clinical data standards
- Experience with clinical data warehouses and/or analysis of electronic health records
- Familiarity with one or more healthcare data standards (e.g. HL7v2, FHIR)
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The state of the art offices in Central London are conveniently located with quirky interior, fancy add ons (restaurant, gym , terraces, kitchens and fun break out spaces). Offering great free facilities to employees and contractors alike. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.