Our company's connectivity comes together with its partners have come together to meet this challenge
because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of
these initiatives by working with various parties in the ecosystem, service providers and vendors
to name a few. The common goal is to deliver affordable and fast internet service to
unconnected parts of the world.
As a partner engineer you will handle the technical relationship with our partners. You will work
closely with the partner managers to draft the partnership roadmap to provide
affordable, reliable and fast Internet access.
This is a full-time position based in London.
● Deeply understand the various platforms and underlying implementation
● Help our partners to launch the internet.org service in their networks
● Manage the technical relationship with the ISP partners, provide technical support and
handle service outages
● Drive partner requirements, bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering.
● Help our partners to leverage modern cloud infrastructure as a deployment platform for
mission-critical network services.
● Write documentation, samples, and other materials to share with the broader Facebook
● Have hands-on experience (5+years) writing software for mission-critical environments.
● Deployed software in highly automated fashion into public cloud infrastructure.
Experience in scripting and deployment automation (CI/CD).
● Subject matter expert in different wireless technologies (2G/3G/4G/5G and WIFI). Good
understanding on access networks (air interface, backhaul)
● Deep understanding of mobile network infrastructure and internet networking. Good
understanding on core networking (Layers 1-3)
● Good understanding of modern large-scale internet service architectures (load
balancing, LAMP stack, CDNs), even if you haven't worked on one.
● Deep hands-on experience of Linux/UNIX systems, Internet protocol stack, system
administration, deployment automation.
● Hands-on experience on configuring and maintaining commons applications such as
Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SNMP
● Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in communicating with
technical and business audiences.
● BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
● Willingness to travel ~50% of your time.