- central London / remote must be based in the UK
- £38.46 p.h on PAYE (£79k pro rata)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 11 - months FTC contract + extension
- Starting: ASAP/Notice
- Salary/Pay: £38.46 p.h on PAYE (£79k pro rata)
- Perks: 33 days holiday pro-rata
- Duration: 11 - months FTC + extension
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Central London
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Program Manager to help with data collection, tooling, and process to support our client's Computer Vision domain.
The ideal specialist will work closely with FAIR team members, internal partners, academic institutions, external partners, and vendors.
To be successful, you will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all stakeholders and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while delving into the details on specific issues.
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, passionate about fundamental research, comfortable with ambiguous environments, and can move fast, bring people together, focus squarely in advancing the science forward.
- Drive the development of simple tools and processes to provide ongoing tracking of progress & key milestones
- Collect and process statistics on the collected data, monitor quality of annotations, identify failure modes and technical bottlenecks in the process
- Provide feedback for Engineers and design solutions for improving efficiency of data collection and annotation tooling
- Provide coordination support and improve collaboration among scientists and engineers working on projects involving data collection and annotation
- Increase awareness of data collection and annotation efforts internally across the company
- Help Scientists & Engineers with planning, prioritization and risk management
- Build on-boarding programs that help new scientists & engineers ramp up quickly on FAIR, AI & FB tools, systems & processes
- Proactively identify legal, procedural, logistical, and communication issues and drive creative solutions to fix them and manage risk
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, coordinate multiple parties and alleviate bottlenecks
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between research and teams
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck and managing cross functional engagements
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Advanced SQL experience is a must
- 4+ years experience programming with a scripting language such as Python, Shell, Perl, etc...
- Ability to work directly with highly technical scientists, engineers, and management
- Ability to multitask and get things done in a fast paced environment by close collaboration and partnership across different team.
- Ability to communicate complex topics clearly and effectively, thus using communication to drive changes and influence cross functional team.
- Strong execution skill and ability to drive different group of people towards a common goal, while delivering on time and quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building, and collaboration with a diverse, cross-functional, global team
- Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience working in AI/ML programs or teams
- Experience in coordinating large scale data collection and annotation efforts
- Experience operating effectively across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
The Largest Social Media Company in the World.
The B2B Solution of the largest Social Media Company in the world
The Charity and NGO focused solution for the largest Social Media company in the world.