- central London / remote must be based in the UK
- £29.83 p.h on PAYE (£62k pro rata)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 12 - months FTC contract + extension
- Starting: ASAP/Notice
- Salary/Pay: £29.83 p.h on PAYE (£62k pro rata) + bonus
- Perks: 33 days holiday pro-rata
- Duration: 12 - months FTC + extension
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Central London
We are looking for an experienced Sr. UX Research Assistant with excellent experience conducting qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions.
The ideal specialist will assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities while advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics)
- Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys
- Strong experimental design experience and statistical analysis
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The state of the art offices in Central London are conveniently located with quirky interior, fancy add ons (restaurant, gym , terraces, kitchens and fun break out spaces). Offering great free facilities to employees and contractors alike. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.