- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kelsey Hoare
- 6 months
I am currently recruiting for a Taxonomist for the world's leading social media company. This is a six-month contract role. The main responsibility in this role will be to help evolve the way my client organizes and shows products for people and businesses.
The candidate must be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving, somewhat ambiguous environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver huge impact.
- Extend our existing taxonomy to cover new areas of products and services. Work with the cross-functional product team to identify which areas to prioritize, then build out concepts and categories in these areas.
- Improve how this taxonomy is localized, collaborating with the cross-functional and taxonomy teams to understand and prioritise this work.
- Work closely with engineers to build machine learning and other classification models, prioritizing and managing projects and deliverables effectively while adapting to changing business needs, processes and requirements.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, product designers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and beyond).
- 3+ years of experience developing and managing product, SEO/SEM, Ad Tech and/or advertising taxonomies. Alternatively 1.5+ years of experience plus 1.5 years of related graduate-level education (such as working toward a Master's degree in Library or Information Science).
- Experience in building and shipping taxonomies and similar features for e-commerce, Advertising technology or SEM/SEO.
- Experience using taxonomy management systems to maintain categories, attributes, and other metadata.
- Proven experience presenting taxonomy and metadata information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven experience working on projects and delivering in customer-focused, cross-functional teams.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Management
- 3+ years experience developing and managing product taxonomies for business (SEO/Ad Tech/Advertising)
- Familiarity with data science
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Largest Social Media Company in the World.
The B2B Solution of the largest Social Media Company in the world
The Charity and NGO focused solution for the largest Social Media company in the world.