- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kelsey Hoare
- 12 months
I am currently recruiting fot a Technical Writer for a multinational technology company based in London. This is a 12-month contract role.
As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the company's ecosystem.
My client is looking for an experienced technical writer to assist the lead technical writer in managing documentation pipelines and creating public-facing documentation for both software developers and IT administrators. You will work with engineers, technical project managers, and other technical writers to create high quality documentation.
- Edit technical content for end users, IT pros, and developers.
- Edit novice and ESL writers for adherence to globalization and localization standards.
- Work closely with the development, partner engineering, and other internal groups.
- Manage incoming workload, ongoing updates, and set and own all deadlines.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- Experience working in collaboration with software engineers on a daily basis.
- Experience with information architecture and content management systems.
- Experience building collaborative partnerships (e.g. with cross-functional and/or external stakeholders).
- Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
- 4 years of relevant experience in technical writing, product documentation, online publishing, or technical blogging, with a portfolio of writing examples.
- Ability to read and understand object oriented source code
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Experience writing for engineers and technical project managers.
- Experience with HTML and managing files in a CMS.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write in a range of styles and tones, from highly technical to informal prose.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to take initiative on tasks.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and contact details to: email@example.com
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The state of the art offices in Central London are conveniently located with quirky interior, fancy add ons (restaurant, gym , terraces, kitchens and fun break out spaces). Offering great free facilities to employees and contractors alike. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.