Important details: This a Moroccan contract you must be fully able to work in Morocco without restriction.
Growth mindset needed with strong analytical thinking.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. At over 2 billion users with 86% from outside North America, we are rapidly growing and want to ensure that our products are well-tailored to empower the people in Africa and the Middle East to connect in meaningful ways. If that gets you excited, we have a rare opportunity to join a dynamic team and help us to be local at a global scale!
As a Product Growth Specialist for North Africa, you will work to ensure that Facebook is locally relevant and successful. Leveraging your deep understanding of the competitive and product landscape across the region, you will highlight product gaps and identify growth opportunities. You will also need to have a deep understanding of the socio-economic and political fabric across the country to ensure our products are adequately protected against abuse.
The ideal candidate is passionate about international market success and has experience in consumer and mobile technology.
· Provide local insights – identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relevant for Facebook’s success across North Africa.
· Understand and communicate Facebook’s strategic and competitive position in North Africa
· Explore, identify and drive execution on strategic growth opportunities. Escalate to and drive solutions with product management for identified market specific product issues and gaps
· Partner with the analytics organization to validate key findings with data
· Ensure the Facebook family of apps is fully functional and well adapted to be successful across North Africa
· Follow product teams closely to identify new product/feature launch plans and changes that may impact product growth across North Africa
· Identify critical usability issues and suggest optimisation plans to enhance user experience
· Design and oversee local execution of a continuous testing plan for important end-to-end flows
· Track progress of market specific product improvements
· 5+ years consumer tech product management or related field experience
· Deep understanding of the market in North Africa
· Experience with social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
· Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
· Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organised, hands-on
· Strong problem solving and communication skills
· Experience working in start-ups or successful entrepreneurial adventures and working in a global environment highly desired
· Analytical skills; Experience with SQL and data analytics work is highly desired
· Familiarity with the socio-economic and political environment in North Africa (namely Morocco, Algeria, Libya and Tunisia)
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in English
· Fluent in Arabic
· Understanding of French language highly desired
BA/BS in Computer Science, engineering or a related technical field or equivalent working experience
Skills and Experience
The Skills and Experience match parameters for the candidate are parsed from the Duties, Skills, and Education.
· PRODUCT EXPERTISE
· DATA ANALYSIS
· PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
· PROBLEM SOLVING
· USER EXPERIENCE