Based in Kenya (Kenyan contract)
Working remotely until July 2021
Product Growth Specialist covering Ethiopia
10.133m KES- 11.183m KES per annum based upon experience
Contract Length: 11 months to start
Focus: Product Management (Digital Products)
As a Product Growth Specialist for Ethiopia, you will work to ensure that our apps and services are locally relevant and successful. Leveraging your deep understanding of the competitive and digital product and marketplace landscape across the region, you will highlight product gaps and identify growth opportunities.
You will also need to have a deep understanding of the socio-economic and political fabric
across the country to ensure our products are adequately protected against abuse.
The ideal candidate is passionate about international market success and has experience in
consumer and mobile technology.
● Provide local insights – identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
relevant for Facebook’s success across Ethiopia.
● Understand and communicate Facebook’s strategic and competitive position in Ethiopia
● Explore, identify and drive execution on strategic growth opportunities. Escalate to and
drive solutions with product management for identified market-specific product issues
● Partner with the analytics organization to validate key findings with data
● Ensure the Facebook family of apps is fully functional and well adapted to be successful
● Follow product teams closely to identify new product/feature launch plans and changes
that may impact product growth across Ethiopia
● Identify critical usability issues and suggest optimisation plans to enhance user
● Design and oversee local execution of a continuous testing plan for important
● Track progress of market specific product improvements
● 7+ years consumer tech product management or related field experience
● Deep understanding of the Ethiopian market across the regional states
● Able to adequately breakdown insights across the regional states and communicate
them in a timely manner
● Experience with social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
● Self-driven, comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous environment
● Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organised, hands-on
● Strong problem solving and communication skills
● Experience in research work
● Experience working in start-ups or successful entrepreneurial adventures and working in
a global environment highly desired
● Analytical skills; Experience with SQL and data analytics work is highly desired
● Familiarity with the socio-economic and political environment in Ethiopia
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in English
● Fluent in both Oromo and Amharic.
BSc./BEng in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent working