Role: Agency Strategy Manager
Duration: ASAP until 23rd October 2021
Applicable Bonus: Sales Plan (Quarterly)
Agencies that partner with this tech giant come in all shapes, sizes and market caps. They are operating in times of unprecedented change and we have the unique opportunity to partner to support their digital transformation. We do this whilst simultaneously bringing the best to their clients, helping them make the most of the web.
The UK Agency Insights and Strategy team drives revenue growth with our most sophisticated agency partners, by creating the strategies and conditions necessary for successful partnership and mutual growth. This is a strategic, analytical and creative team. Equipped with knowledge of business, marketing trends and the agency landscape, the team leverages both internal and external resources to identify, share, and deliver opportunities that drive business impact.
As one of the masterminds behind our strategic planning, forecasting and analysis, you’ll spend time digging into big, complex data sets. The data will not remain inert in your hands, however, since you’ll use your critical thinking and problem solving skills to extract meaningful business insights. Strong and impactful communication skills are essential for turning these insights into compelling recommendations that you will present to the most senior business leaders in the organisation.
In addition to the above, you will also be a key contributor to relevant client-facing strategic projects in partnership with Industry Managers and Industry Heads. At times, this will require end-to-end project management work using influence to drive outcomes.
Finally, you will be a critical thought leader in how the business thinks about the role of the Agency channel, ensuring the right data and tools are at the forefront of business priorities.
This position requires a sharp, analytical mind, and an entrepreneurial spirit to proactively spot and act upon opportunities in our business. Among your many attributes, you are strategic, persuasive, a team player, and skilled at solving problems and explaining complex issues. You possess excellent communication and presentation skills at the senior level, as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business.
· Work with senior stakeholders across the UKI business to uncover and present insights and strategies that will support our Agency partners in 2020 and beyond
· Grow your network through frequent cross-functional engagement starting with your home in the Agency team and extending to collaboration across all Sectors, partnership with the Specialist team, and virtual alignment to GTM and the AC org
· Coach and mentor other members of the team
· Enjoy a broad scope of responsibility in performing various activities traditionally managed by Go to Market, Business Finance and Customer Solutions teams
· Gain a macro perspective across entire cross-channel UK business (not limited to a particular client, pod or even sector)
· Derive insights by investigating, sourcing, testing and manipulating internal data supplemented by industry and third-party research
· Develop narratives / presentations with data-driven business recommendations that align with Agency and client objectives
· Utilise a wide variety of data visualisation tools and methodologies to bring insights to life
· Lead strategic projects that add value to our customers and consulting with Agency partners on taking advantage of our data and APIs
· Influence upstream to ensure agency parity with vertical-first tools, systems and data
· BA/MA degree or equivalent experience
· Experience managing large data sets and complex spreadsheets / analysis
· Proficiency in SQL and data visualisation tools
· Project management experience and a track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
· Demonstrable leadership in a diverse team environment with proven networking, influencing and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written/oral communication skills with the ability to present at all levels
· Takes ownership of projects/initiatives; comfortable working proactively and independently
· Organised and detailed individual who is able to prioritise and multi-task as well as work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Knowledge of the advertising agency landscape and curiosity about the digital advertising world / acquire and share knowledge of the agency ecosystem, its competitive landscape and key business issues
· Previous experience in a similar role; strong preference for someone familiar with internal systems and ad products or past experience in Consulting, Market Research, Marketing, Sales Finance or Sales Operations