The Role: SEO Manager
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Fully Remote/ London or Brighton
We're delighted to be working with a world class award winning full service digital agency, with multiple locations across the UK. They are part of the world’s leading publishing group. Combining deep consumer insight and world class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data. A true digital powerhouse.
We are seeking a Natural Search SEO Manager based in either Brighton or London, to join the Search sub-team, managing up to two SEO Analysts the role will responsible for creating advanced SEO strategies that are tailored to client’s needs.
You’ll be highly visible with our clients as the SEO lead strategist and the one that has the plan to deliver against their objectives. You’ll develop and brief work for the SEO analysts and review all output to ensure it meets the high standards we have at the company, as well taking on the most complex projects for clients yourself.
You’ll be responsible for mentoring, assisting and developing the SEO Analysts day to day, to progress and develop their SEO knowledge. Within this position you will be able to help refine processes, ways of working and training to develop not only your direct team but the entire search department in this area.
- Creating enterprise level SEO strategies for our clients to deliver against client objectives
- Creating and briefing a pipeline of SEO tasks to develop an account with fresh ideas and thinking
- Leading client meetings and calls as the SEO lead on the account
- Keeping up to date with search news & sharing opinions on industry developments within the team and with clients, providing your viewpoint of changes
- Personal development of your team of analysts including 121s and the creation of Personal Development plans
- Mentoring your analysts to ensure that they develop a wealth of experience within SEO and Search
- Resolving personal and professional challenges that may occur within your team
- QA of all analyst output to ensure it meets the high standards that the business expect
- Providing top level insights to clients on current performance and areas to grow in the future
- Participating in a virtual team within the business to develop a niche area of Search, including the creation of new processes, templates and deliverables as well as best practice
- Interviewing and induction of new analysts to the team
- Galvanising the Search team with your prior knowledge, fresh thoughts and enthusiasm
- Consistently performing at an advanced level of SEO competency
- Lead the up-selling of existing clients with additional services and solutions
- Working on-site with clients to assist in building trust and relationships with SEO managers client side
- Contributing to pitch material and, in some cases, attending pitches
- Leading training sessions as well as presenting case studies internally
- Work with a PPC counterpart either internally or at a third-party agency to drive Total Search results for our clients
- Proven team leader with the ability to mentor, assist and develop the analysts within your team
- Ability to create industry leading SEO strategies for our clients
- Experience of developing the ways of working and processes within an SEO team.
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimisation, content optimisation, link management, data analysis and SEO tools
- You’ll be an expert in advanced keyword research techniques such as question-based searches, semantic search and search beyond just conversion point queries
- Experience of delivering SEO results for clients with your SEO strategies
- Have worked with PPC experts to develop overall search strategies to holistically benefit clients.
- Strong oral & written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ideally, you’ll be AdWords certified – to assist in the understanding all aspects of the search channel
- Ability to receive constructive feedback but also can give constructive feedback out other team members
- Confident public speaker with the ability to present both internally and to clients
- A strong grasp of many different third party SEO tools and analytics packages