- up to £32 pa PAYE
- Start date:
- January 2021
- Posted By:
- Walid Awatta
- 3 months to start with
Salary/Pay Rate: £32.70 per hour -
Firm, non-negotiable: Yes
Duration: 3 months
Job Title: Software Engineer (AI)
Job Type: Contract – 3 Months with possible extension
Pay rate: up to £32.70 per hour – PAYE
Remote: must be based in London.
I’m currently working with the world’s largest social media platform. They are currently developing their AI platform and are on the lookout for a talented software engineer to join them.
In this role, you will embed deeply with researchers at the company’s AI Research to develop and debug reinforcement learning environments.
- Develop highly scalable game engine code in C/C++ and Python.
- Collaborate with the AI Research Scientists to facilitate research that enables learning in sequential decision-making problems.
- Apply knowledge of relevant domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects.
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Expert knowledge of game engine development, preferably for “grid-world” games.
- Expert knowledge of C and C++ on POSIX systems, including threads, context switching, dynamic libraries (dlopen, dlmopen).
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Good knowledge of PyTorch.
- Experience with training RL algorithms on GPUs.
- Experience with the game NetHack.
- Experience with procedural content generation for game development.
- Experience with designing game combat mechanisms.
- Experience with game UI development.
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, are receiving a huge amount of applications for job roles, so please make sure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
The Largest Social Media Company in the World.
The B2B Solution of the largest Social Media Company in the world
The Charity and NGO focused solution for the largest Social Media company in the world.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.