The Role: Strategic Product Marketer
Pay Rate: Competitive
Job Type: 6 Month Contract
Location: London/ Remote
We are working with a leading independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. The software arm of the company is developing complex engineering software used for simulation in automotive, nuclear and civil engineering industries.
They are now looking for a Strategic Product Marketer to work with on a contract basis to develop and shape the delivery of a strategic marketing plan for the Environment software.
- You will work closely with the Project Manager to develop effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate the features and benefits of the Digital Environment to existing and potential customers.
- You will act as the ‘voice of the customer’, understanding and communicating customer needs and experiences to ensure all our marketing activity consistently responds to those needs.
- You will manage global client-related activity including website, international conference attendance and marketing collateral.
- As part of the Strategic Leadership Team for the software business, you will use customer insight to help shape our strategy.
• Develop and deliver a Product Marketing Plan which fully reflects our strategic plans
• Understand the market, our clients, and the competitive landscape and develop messaging from this insight
• Work with the relevant members of the team to ensure our software products are appropriately positioned and all marketing activity is aligned and responds to customer need
• Drive demand, adoption and the overall success of the product
• Advise on possible new markets and major new products required to stay competitive and relevant
• Identify other opportunities for us to delight our clients, outside of our products e.g. new training courses, more efficient admin processes etc.
• Work with Regional Leaders to coordinate all regional client and market activity, ensuring sharing of resources for efficiency
• Work with our existing partners (including distributors) to ensure optimal product positioning and identify other potential partner opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
• Or Engineering / Science degree with proven experience in product marketing
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• 5+ years’ software product marketing experience
• Proven history of creating effective marketing programmes
• Strong communication skills: especially technical writing
• Market and customer research skills
• Strong project prioritization ability
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
• Understanding of / interest in automotive or civil engineering industries
• Business development / sales experience
• MBA or similar