- Role: Senior UX/Product Designer (Native app exp)
- Starting: ASAP/Notice period
- Salary/Pay: £84k pa pro rata, (paid as a paye day rate + accrual of holiday pay )
- Duration: 6mths (potential to extend)
Our client travel is looking for a Senior UX / Product designer with native app experience to join to work across strategic end-to-end projects and some smaller tactical delivery work as the workflow dictates.
As The Ideal Candidate you will:
- Focus on improving customers’ experience on iOS and Android apps; from discovery to delivery
- Work with UX researchers to get customer insights into the current apps experience and identify pain points and opportunities
- Collaborating in cross-discipline teams with engineers, product managers and data scientists to get to the best customer experience
- Contribute thinking to help evolve our overall apps strategy
- Work on cross-platform projects to engage and retain customers in our web and native products
You will be a native apps specialist, and bring that knowledge and experience to the design team, helping to spot new opportunities around native platform capabilities, and giving ad hoc support to other designers with less apps experience. For this role, we're looking for a seasoned native apps designer.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Designing for both native iOS and Android apps, design guidelines/compliance and conventions
- Native-specific platform capabilities and spotting how/where to leverage them
- Delivering end-to-end UX projects, from problem definition to UI specification
- Ability to combine quant and qual data; thinking about business problems through the lens of the customer
- Facilitating discovery with a broad range of stakeholders (product and marketing)
- Working effectively with cross-functional teams and apps engineers
- Building prototypes and gathering insights from user testing
- Using Figma/Sketch (Figma is main design tool)
- Designing using design systems
You’ll have a portfolio demonstrating these things
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
You’ll help to craft the best travel products in the world, making sure our customers have an enjoyable, stress-free experience before, during and after every trip.
Partnering with researchers, data scientists, product managers, and developers, designers are involved in every aspect of the product design process, from brainstorming big gnarly problems to tweaking pixels just before launch.
This role will focus on two main areas: working with native apps teams to improve overall iOS and Android apps experience; and building ongoing customer engagement in web and app products.
You’ll be happy wearing different hats: as senior designer on larger projects, making sense of ambiguous problem spaces; but also sometimes rolling up your sleeves to deliver smaller tactical work when needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-wide known Travel & Technology giant.
If this sounds like you and you wish to know more, then please do apply right away!
The biggest name in Ecommerce travel.
Currently the whole team is based remotely and there is no final decision on what the working pattern will be when offices start to return. This role may be able to be worked remotely with flexibility to travel in the London offices for workshops etc
The team has a good framework of scheduling regular catch up that allows you to flourish independently whilst still keeping you as part of the team.
This role is offered as a 6 contract, possible extension, paid as PAYE with paid holiday being accrued.
By applying to this role you confirm you are eligible to work in the UK with relevant Right to Work for the entirety of the contract and would be happy for Aquent to conduct reference and background checks on behalf of our client.