My client is the worlds biggest Social Media Platform.
We is seeking to support its Community Partnerships team with an Accelerator Partner Manager for Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa to support a selected group of community leaders who have built and grown relevant and impactful communities and will be part of the Community Accelerator Program. The Community Partnerships team's mission is to empower community leaders to start, grow and sustain meaningful communities around the world. The team serves community leaders to understand and address their needs in sustaining and strengthening their communities. We succeed when community leaders thrive.
The Community Accelerator is a 6 month program and part of the Community Partnerships Team’s broader efforts to activate a global ecosystem of community supporters.
This person will work with a portfolio of community leaders in Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa who will be participants of the Community Accelerator Program in both regions, ensuring they are supported both in the program and through community management and product education strategies. This includes equipping leaders with tools and training to grow and engage their members, facilitating peer-to-peer support and leveraging adoption of products to develop their communities and have impact on- and offline. They will also manage the relationship with the external partners who will be delivering the Accelerator Programs being their main point of contact and ensuring successful delivery of the program and its goals. Through operational rigor and knowledge of their vertical and partner set, this person will also work cross-functionally across different teams to help shape our products, inform strategy on approaches to new partnerships opportunities, and optimize new experiences and processes to ensure our partners are successful.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with accelerator programs in Europe/Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as a strong interest and curiosity for innovative social products and their potential for transforming communities. This position will be located in our office in London.
- Be the primary point of contact providing strategic coaching and support for community leaders in the Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Accelerator program
- Be the primary point of contact for the external partners who will be delivering the Accelerator Programs in EU & SSA
- Connect community leaders with regional ecosystem networks that can offer partnerships such as mentorship, funding or collaborations.
- Support partners to grow, engage and sustain their communities, maximizing their impact on platform and offline.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics to develop and execute against partnership goals.
- Hold webinars, workshops, and trainings for strategic partners and help them succeed.
- Work cross functionally with a variety of teams, including Policy, Communications, Product, Marketing and Operations teams to advocate for partner needs.
- Develop deep product expertise with an ability to collect and synthesize meaningful feedback to be the voice of your partners internally, represent their needs and collaborate with regional & central product teams to inform and accelerate product strategies.
- Adapt quickly to product and programs changes and limitations, and communicate these strategically to stakeholders.
- Experience in running or supporting the development/execution of accelerator programs for start-ups or similar in Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience working with or in not-for-profits, community groups or organisations, or in the social enterprise space.
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Facebook.
- BA/BS degree or higher or relevant experience
- Experience using data to make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with different levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated care/commitment to driving impact in society.
- Knowledge of the start-up/social enterprise/community/NGO space in Europe/Sub-Saharan Africa.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently receiving a large number of applications for job roles, so please make sure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.