The company's connectivity mission is to bring more people online to a faster Internet. Together, with hundreds of partners across dozens of countries, we are working to help overcome the global Internet connectivity challenges of accessibility, affordability and awareness. Our products already serve hundreds of millions of people and drive substantial impact.
Deciding the optimal way to invest in network and product improvements is costly and time consuming. Connectivity Analytics helps our partners identify areas of opportunity across their products and networks, and plan strategically. We've developed innovative business tools to help our partners monitor and improve their existing products and networks and create more engaging customer experiences.
Our Mobile and Connectivity Partnerships is seeking an individual who is passionate about connecting our global community to help build and scale the Analytics and Network Planning products (https://connectivity.fb.com/analytics/) aimed at our Mobile Operator and Telecommunications partners.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical & network planning skillset, as well as client-facing experience - and enjoy the balance of both. You will engage with key partners on all levels including C-suite, delivering strategic business value from our insights products/data as part of unique partnership. At the same time you can be scrappy, focused on results, are a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business. Your proven track record of leadership and impact in developing analytics and metrics based programs speaks for itself.
Across Network Insights and Advanced Network Planner the needs are convergent on interaction with the right teams at operator. The role will focus on executing:
• Build Access and Transport (Fiber/Microwave) plans and business cases to support GTM activities
• Work with partners to bridge gap between product and use case delivery
• Conduct on-boarding/training with Network Teams (transmission, RF etc.)
• Report back product feedback to product teams for roadmap iteration
In addition to:
• Use network performance, coverage and other data layers to conduct gap analysis and ultimately recommend infrastructure expansion
• Actively improve the business model development of our Connectivity programs by representing SSA partner performance and feedback to inform, influence and support product roadmaps
• 5+ years of experience with presales and consultancy environment specifically in telecommunication industry with a good knowledge of telecom infrastructure network principles, coverage and capacity requirements.
• 5+ years experience in RF engineering, network analytics or network planning
• Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects with partners.
• BS/BEng or higher degree with network, telecommunication or emphasis in electrical/network engineering, computer science, analytics, statistics, economics (or equivalent degree/experience)
• Experience working on network performance and analytics for an operator or equipment vendor deploying or operating telecom networks. Specific experience on technical aspects of RAN optimisation and RF/MW planning
• Experience with SQL or other data query systems, GIS and network planning tools (planet, Infovista etc...)
• Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
• Ability to travel internationally, up to 50% of the time. Comfort working across time zones, remote teams and cultures required