Expanding the team from the US to the UK
You will be part of the Analytics org – made up of data engineers, software engineers and data scientists
The Software engineers will create digital products that will be visible throughout the world, as data engineer, you will support the software engineers to measure the performance of the product, ETL pipelines and dashboarding
Day to Day
- Helping to set up data pipelines
- Working on real time data crunching exercises
- Crunching historical data
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- Good SQL
- Programming language - Python, will interview if they have Java
- Data modelling - experience with designing
- Years of experience open to fresh grads and above nobody too senior
- Anywhere from 1 to 7 years experience
- Strong communication skills
- Product mindset
- Statistics understanding - looking at understanding patterns of the data over time
- Ecommerce background would be a bonus!
Client Environment: SQL, Python and Apache Spark
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you.
Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
This is a full time position based in our London Office.
Data Engineer, Analytics Responsibilities
• Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
• Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
• Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
• Design, build and launch new data models in production.
• Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
• Support existing processes running in production.
• Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
• Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
• Hands on and deep experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
• Ability to write efficient SQL statements.
• Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
• Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients. Preferred Qualifications
• BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.