- London - UK (Remote)
- Up to £109,000
- Start date:
- March / April 2021
- Posted By:
- Emma Willis
- 12 month contract (potential to extend)
The Senior Technical Project Manager role will be responsible for driving and guiding the successful Marketing integration of a newly acquired company. Project management responsibilities will include the technical systems migration as well as cross-functional business process definition and alignment.
The successful candidate is able to understand and communicate the overarching, long-term business objectives for the project and translate those objectives to clear and concise deliverables for the broader project team. They are capable of orchestrating multiple streams of work happening in parallel and are comfortable stepping into ambiguous situations, quickly understanding priorities and establishing a well-defined project scope. They are skilled at communicating at all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to senior leadership and partners well with stakeholders inside the Marketing organization and out, such as Business Technology and Sales Operations.
The Technical Project Manager ensures the decision-making framework is clear and that communication effectively flows between all parties, at all times. They employ a calm and objective approach to negotiation and conflict resolution, work with many different stakeholder personalities, and create a cohesive, positive and productive team environment.
- Partner with functional leads across all areas of Marketing to define, document, and communicate project scope with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure all deliverables align with project scope and business goals.
- Create project plans and schedules to support the successful execution of the systems and process integration project.
- Track milestones, manage task/project dependencies, manage and monitor task progress, handoffs, and deliverable status through our project management tool, Workfront.
- Track all issues & risks related to the project, provide recommendations for solutions/mitigation, proactively escalate, and facilitate resolution.
- Organize, facilitate, and drive status meetings. Determine meeting agendas, highlight key milestones, and keep track of follow up items. Summarize and communicate meeting outcomes to all stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with all project stakeholders to ensure inter-departmental alignment, optimization of resources, smooth handoffs, and project consistency.
- Conduct offline meetings with cross-functional teams (Digital Marketing, Marketing Technology, Analytics, Marketing Operations, Business Technology, etc.) as needed to ensure requirements are documented, priorities are known, issues are resolved, and efforts are coordinated.
- Facilitate business process discussions, document process diagrams and governance implications to support technology changes, and act as change management champion, while keeping the idea of creating repeatable and scalable processes and deliverables at the forefront.
- Ensure overall project/program quality and look for ways to streamline execution and increase overall efficiency.
- Audit project once completed, conduct post-mortem review, determine improvements, and implement process changes.
- Coordinate work with third-party vendors on individual projects, when applicable.
- 7+ years managing technical projects in a business to business marketing environment.
- Previous M&A or related integration management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient and process-oriented.
- Strong understanding of the technologies used in a B2B tech stack, including marketing automation, analytics, segmentation, data management, digital marketing, online engagement, and data warehouse technologies.
- Proven experience leading projects involving the implementation and integration of these technologies into an existing marketing technology stack.
- Proven experience working with global, cross-functional virtual teams.
- Proficient in project management tools (e.g., Workfront, Google docs, Smartsheet, Asana, MS Project, etc.).
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to negotiate and manage conflict.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver results on time with grace under pressure.
- Impeccable attention to detail. Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence, motivate, and ensure collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Capable of embracing change; maintaining an open mind as well as being flexible in the face of ambiguity.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as problem solve and improve processes.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Our Client is an American on‑demand software vendor that specialises in applications for HR, finance and planning. Having designed for government agencies, educational institutions, and some of the world’s largest corporations, they set themselves apart from their competitors as the only ones seamlessly integrating modern and futuristic developments into their existing systems.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.