This role will currently be worked remotely with onsite working in Central London in the foreseeable future, therefore you must be based in the UK.
You will have paid holidays and if applicable, be entitled to an annual bonus.
This is a 6 month contract with the possibility to extend beyond this depending on future projects.
Our client, a Global Tech Giant, is looking for a Human Factors UX Researcher with a real passion for improving the lives and health of people using artificial intelligence and more, to help develop safe and truly transformative medical devices!
The chosen candidate will have experience working in a multidisciplinary team, confident liaising with Stakeholders, Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to explore new ideas.
You’ll be an excellent communicator able to present your findings with plenty of experience carrying out user studies remotely.
Must have requirement
- Must have experience working with digital medical devices (key)
- Must have summative testing experience (key)
- Healthcare/Medical or clinical workflow experience
- BA/BSc in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, or other related field emphasising human behaviour
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participating in risk analysis and critical task development
- Planning and conducting remote formative and summative usability studies
- Analysing study findings
- Creating detailed reports
- Assisting UX Researchers on other projects
Working hours will mostly be within the GMT (UK) timezone, although you may be required to attend meetings within the PST (USA) timezones from time to time.
Please can you apply with your CV, Portfolio and pro-rata salary expectations for consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently receiving a large number of applications for job roles, so please make sure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.