- London - UK (Remote)
- £35,000 annually
- Start date:
- March/April 2021
- Posted By:
- Emma Willis
- 24 month contract
As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator, we are stewards of our company’s greatest strategic asset: Their People. Our mission is to help drive a high-performing organization in a growth oriented global company, and to inspire the world’s top talent to innovate and make a difference.
As a Talent Acquisition Coordinator, you will deliver extraordinary customer experience. You will promote and maintain, through interactions with others, a positive, professional, team-oriented, and service- conscious environment that contributes to the goals of the department and reflects the values of the organization.
- Responsible for providing end-to-end support and expertise to the talent acquisition (staffing) function including scheduling interviews, sending confirmations, enter information in applicant tracking system, etc...
- All virtual interviews
- Onsite interviews
- Provide outstanding candidate experience during the interview process by applying stay-in-touch strategy and timely communication
- Arrange candidate travel and process travel expense reimbursement.
- Managing relocation with Mobility team (initiating and meeting with Mobility team)
- Background checks
- Managing completion
- Build relationships and partnerships with internal customers (recruiters, hiring managers, admins, and interview teams).
- Opening Requisitions; Audit and set approvals for job requisitions
- Process offer letters, new hire paperwork and ensure smooth new hire on-boarding experience
- Data Entry for Interviews
- Capture interview information (candidate, interview team, feedback and result)
- Create candidate in Applicant Tracking System
- Disposition candidates and/or move to Offer
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is a must (especially Word and Outlook)
- Coordination and planning skills
- Able to prioritize work assignments, work independently and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Able to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Assertive, Proactive, Resourceful
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Creative, innovative end to end thinker, Good judgment
- Possess a naturally curious and investigative mindset.
- Unrivaled drive and determination, and can demonstrate agility in a fast moving and fast changing environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Our Client is a global technology platform that specialises in overcoming the world’s most important financial challenges. Their products and services are driven by artificial intelligence, and their accounting software is one of their most recognisable creations. Considered one of the top companies to work for, they are proud of their company culture and entrepreneurial spirit.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.