The Role: Lead Product Designer – Finance
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Salary: £65,000pa plus bonuses.
Location: Remote/ London
We’re working a global logistics technology company that are leaders within transport and logistics. Despite Covid-19 this business has gone from strength to strength. With a network of over 8000 operators, they help clients to realise efficiencies and grow their business.
Lead Product designer is to put design and user experience at the forefront of everything the product team does. Work directly with customers to fully understand and be empathetic to their pain points in order to create intuitive and innovative solutions for appealing products that our users value and it provides their business’ huge efficiency benefits.
The role to start with will need you to be Hands-on in delivering design for the delivery of our payments products while working alongside customers, product owners and developers it will certainly evolve into managing a small team of contract/permanent designers in the medium to long term.
As a Lead product designer within the product department on a day to day you’ll be partnering with the respective Product owners and the Commercial Leads to solve key product problems and build amazing features for our users. This role will involve frequent hands-on design work, but you’ll also get the chance to grow and scale the team as required.
There is a very real opportunity to become our go-to person in charge of Product Design & Strategy, eventually growing into the Head of Design role.
· Own and evolve the Information Architecture for the full product suite
· Collaborate with designers, product managers, analysts, developers and commercial colleagues to balance user-centered, business and engineering goals to help shape the product delivery.
· Lead product research with customers to test ideas, improve existing products and ensure the quality of new deliveries.
· Develop storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and more to communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Follow through on design details with the Engineering team to ensure design quality through to release and beyond.
· Provide design leadership and direction for the product department; lead creative and holistic thinking across our product releases, platform and devices, alongside more hands-on design work.
· Define the end to end design process and continuously iterate and improve on it.
· Implement a culture and principles within the business that wants to put great design at its core.
· Develop right-sized design processes that ensure we maintain agility and deliver top quality products.
· Manage and co-ordinate the backlog for the design team.
· Facilitate workshops with customers and staff to aid business strategy Collaborate with product managers to gather requirements and help define product roadmaps with both internal and external stakeholders leaving nothing to interpretation.
· Solid Product Design portfolio (both Mobile and Web)
· Design Leader that can be hands-on.
· An eye for pixel-perfect design and excellent attention to detail
· Problem Solver and Critical thinker
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to discuss and explain briefs, design options & solutions
· Comfortable public speaker, presenting and facilitating workshops
· Previous experience with conducting user research & testing
· Experience with working with data
Must have knowledge in: