- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- The Role: Head of SEO
- Job Type: Full-time Permanent
- Salary: £85,000 p.a
- Location: London or Brighton (remote to start)
We’re delighted to be working with a world class award winning full service digital agency, with multiple locations across the UK. They are part of the world’s leading publishing group. Combining deep consumer insight and world class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data. A true digital powerhouse.
We’re now looking for an exceptional leader for our Earned Media discipline, covering our market leading SEO and Content Activity. You’ll will be responsible for all elements of Earned Media product performance at the agency. The emphasis of the role is on product and team excellence that supports team and client satisfaction, client retention and growth. You will provide leadership and inspiration across our 25 experts, who work within distributed, multidisciplinary client teams. You will be the senior point of contact for our SEO relationships across our clients, who operate in UK, EMEA and global markets. You will be confident working with senior stakeholders, having a strong industry profile and reputation.
- Galvanising our SEO and Content teams with your expert knowledge and enthusiasm to build on our award-winning base
- Running the P&L of the team, working closely with the business Leadership team to grow SEO and Content’s profitable revenue
- Building and delivering an Earned Media product roadmap, ensuring we have the most effective and efficient processes for all key SEO practises, covering International SEO. Technical, Authority and Content workstreams
- Working closely with our Data and Analytics team to ensure everything we do is backed up and proved by data. Working closely with our Media Innovation team to identify and scope our SEO specific automations and technical developments
- Both creating and inspiring your team to build enterprise level SEO strategies for our clients to deliver against their unique objectives
- Leading our senior SEO client relationships, working closely with our Client Directors to both retain and grow our client base
- Keeping ahead of industry developments & search news, sharing your opinions on these within the team, our clients and speaking at relevant conferences
- Line management of 4 direct reports and wider mentoring and leadership of a team of 25, ensuring we have a consistent training plan to educate and grow our teams career plans
- Attracting new talent to the agency, as we continue to grow our Earned media team
- Supporting the New Business and Marketing function to both raise your and the company profile in SEO, as well as leading or guiding new business opportunities
- A key member of the company Senior Management Team, both pushing the agenda of SEO and aligning with our cross-channel teams. Specifically working closely with our Head of Paid Media to ensure a best in class Total Search approach.
- Excellent SEO knowledge across technical, content and authority pillars – minimum of 5 years’ experience in an SEO-focused role
- Channel expert and team leader with a strong earned media focus.
- Demonstrable background delivering industry-leading SEO and Content marketing strategies for enterprise clients, including Technical SEO leadership.
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a sizeable multi- location team.
- A strong industry reputation and network.
- Public speaking skills and the ability to represent the company at major events.
- An aptitude for, and demonstrable history of thought-leadership and passion for innovation with a desire to shape the development of the agency.
Our client is a Digital Marketing Performance agency that is based in Central London. They began as a Search agency, and have developed into a full-service Digital agency that helps their clients uncover consumer insights as well as world-class content creation. They pride themselves on top-notch Search, SEO, Media Planning and Buying, Social Media, Web Analytics and Data Strategy work. This agency has won many awards from The Drum and the UK Biddable Media Awards. They have flexible working, early finish Fridays, competitive salary packages, and on-going company socials.