My client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising platforms as well as media outlets that focus on bringing people together. Currently going through a busy period where they need support, they are now looking for a Senior Business Affairs Manager to join their team on a 3 month contract ASAP!
You will be hands-on in the operations of the cross-functional Business Affairs Team and involved in the process of making content from production to finalisation. You'll combine your production and advertising knowledge, strong business acumen, creativity and growing understanding of emerging platforms to make a real mark on this team.
On a day to day basis, responsibilities include:
- Contract drafting, negotiating and advisory responsibilities
- Advising on all Business Affairs matters for development, production, post production, sales, distribution, and service of all entertainment
- Work with all cross-functional partners that make up the Business Affairs team: Legal, Finance, Sourcing, Partnerships, and Privacy
- Project managing complex work streams
- Work with internal and external counsel handling production legal, litigation, copyright/trademark, music, and rights/clearance matters
- Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various development and production matters
As this is a large team, you will be dealing with a range of different contacts globally so it is important that you have that business savviness and personable approach that allows you to be able to get things resolved seamlessly and successfully.
Ideally, you should have experience working in an agency environment or entertainment/media brand as this is the bulk of the work; it is not about just having a strong legal background but that thorough understanding of creative and what really allows projects to go through their full life cycle with no legal hiccups.
If this sounds like an ideal fit and something you could thrive in, get in touch!
- 6+ years of experience in Business Affairs
- Business Affairs experience with entertainment properties and creative agencies
- Experience with social networking, platform integrations, publishing platforms, broadcast & new media
- Understanding of all Union requirements, agreements and negotiations
- Relationships with Digital Creators, Publishers, Creative Agencies, and Studios
- Experience negotiating strategic transactions