- 500 per day for 3 days on PAYE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 12 - months FTC contract + extension
We are looking for a Senior qualified Specialist on a 3 day full-time basis at 500 p.d. on PAYE/Umbrella
The position of Digital Tech Manager is a new and exciting role inside CNN’s award-winning Branded Content Studio, Create.
This is a hands-on role and ideal for a full-stack developer possessing a strong DevOps understanding and the desire to work with a small, tightly-knit team.
Working in conjunction with the project management and digital creative teams, you’ll oversee all technical aspects of the production process at Create, including
implementation strategy, technical scoping and code reviews through to expert recommendations of tools, strategies, and best practices to help create and enable delivery of all our digital solutions.
The Digital Tech Manager also performs hands-on light-touch development and DevOps /systems architecture as needed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads technical execution and delivery of projects as well as providing operational support. This entails working multiple teams.
- Must be able to implement solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs.
- Provide technical coaching and leadership.
- Use industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, and coding standards.
- Actively mentor developers to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of the organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Provide on-call support as assigned.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
What we’re looking for:
- Desire to lead and manage a team of external developers.
- Experience with full-stack web development.
- Experience with PHP, JS, CSS, HTML.
- Experience with Wordpress and Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and associated deployment tools pipeline
- Working experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration and automated testing.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile team or environment.
- Previous stakeholder management experience.
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry.
Our Client is a multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate that boasts a variety of iconic entertainment, news and sports brands. They believe in bringing people, technology and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.