- The Role: SEO Director
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: up to £60k
- Location: London/Brighton/remote
- Start date: ASAP
We are seeking an SEO Director based in either London or Brighton, to join our client's Search sub-team, managing up to three SEO Managers and indirectly a team of analysts. The role will be responsible for creating advanced SEO strategies that are tailored for their largest client’s needs.
The ideal specialist will be highly visible with their top clients as the SEO lead strategist and the one that has the plan to deliver against their objectives. In addition, you’ll be the main escalation point for all SEO accounts within your group.
You’ll develop and brief a pipeline of work for the SEO analysts and SEO Managers, ensuring it meets the high standards, as well as taking on the most complex projects for clients yourself.
You will also be responsible for mentoring, assisting, and developing the SEO Managers day-to-day, to progress and develop their SEO knowledge and Management expertise.
Finally, you’ll be assigned to a significant area of search and be asked to help processes, ways of working and training to develop the entire search department in this area.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Creating enterprise-level SEO strategies for our biggest clients to deliver against their objectives
- Creating and briefing a pipeline of SEO tasks to develop an account with fresh ideas and thinking
- Leading client meetings and calls as the SEO lead on the account
- Keeping up to date with search news & sharing opinions on industry developments within the team and with clients, providing your viewpoint of changes
- Resourcing the managers & analysts in your team to ensure they are matched to the accounts where they will be able to make the biggest impact.
- Personal development of your team of managers including 121s and the creation of Personal Development plans
- Mentoring your managers to ensure that they develop a wealth of experience within SEO, management, and Search
- Resolving personal and professional challenges that may occur within your team
- Providing top-level insights to clients on current performance and areas to grow in the future
- Leading a virtual team to develop a large area of Search, including the creation of new processes, templates, and deliverables as well as best practice
- Interviewing and induction of new managers and analysts to the team
- Galvanising the Search team with your prior knowledge, fresh thoughts, and enthusiasm
- Consistently performing at an advanced level of SEO competency
- Lead the up-selling of existing clients with additional services and solutions
- Working on-site with clients to assist in building trust and relationships with
- SEO managers as well as senior points of contact client-side
- Attending and creating pitches as the SEO Lead
- Leading training sessions and department meetings
- Work with a PPC counterpart either internally or at a third-party agency to drive
- Total Search results for our clients.
- Proven team leader with the ability to mentor, assist and develop the analysts within your team
- Ability to create industry-leading SEO strategies for our clients
- Experience in developing the ways of working and processes within an SEO team.
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimisation, content optimisation, link management, data analysis, and SEO tools
- You’ll be an expert in advanced keyword research techniques such as question-based searches, semantic search, and search beyond just conversion point queries
- A track record of leading and inspiring large groups of SEO experts.
- Ability to create industry-leading SEO strategies for large enterprise-level clients.
- Strong oral & written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ideally, you’ll be AdWords certified – to assist in understanding all aspects of the search channel
- Ability to receive constructive feedback but also can give constructive feedback to other team members
- A confident public speaker with the ability to present both internally and to clients
- A strong grasp of many different third-party SEO tools and analytics packages
Our client invests heavily in their staff’s development and wellbeing.