- £460 p.d. on PAYE (£119k p.a)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- 8-month + extension
- The Role: Software Dev. Engineer
- Salary: up to £450 a day on PAYE (£108k pa pro-rata)
- Location: London/remote
- Job-type: PAYE Contract 10-month + extension
- 28 days holidays including BH
We are looking for a Software Engineer with excellent experience in developing, debugging, and modifying components of software applications and tools.
The ideal specialist will be responsible for writing automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
What you’ll do:
- You will support and resolve data and/or system issues as needed
- You will provide improvements to solutions for a given problem.
- You will resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure.
- You define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or business partner documentation
- You actively participate in code and design reviews
- You will participate in user story creation in partnership with the team(s)
Who you are:
- Experience in writing transactional web services using REST or distributed RPC technologies.
- Experience in JVM technologies, with experience with Scala or functional programming in an equivalent language a strong plus.
- a minimum of 3+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or a related major and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g Git or others
- You have experience with Agile development methodology
Our Client is a global leader in travel, driven by the core belief that travel is a positive force that enables people to build connections and experience the world. Their products and tech solutions also cover media solutions, affiliate marketing and corporate travel.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.