Are you in UX because you have a true passion for understanding your users, and designing experiences that will keep them coming back time and again.
If you are looking to be part of a small team that works across UX & UI and is at the heart of a business that is going through huge growth and is looking for their Consumer product to stand out in a crowded market place then this may be the role for you
You will be fascinated by design: from the research that underpins user decisions, through examined and finessed flows to polished final products. You will be a team player looking to work autonomously, owning your own workload and be happy to stand back and be critically objective so that the product continues to evolve and creates the best experience for the users.
You will be a great story teller: understanding, interpreting and discussioning the detailed design decisions that you are making, you will be a positive influence to those around you and always looking to learn and educate yourself as to best practices.
This is a fast paced, start up style environment, you will be working on multiple projects and moving quickly between them. There is a focus on developing a new product for the a new market currently that makes this a key hire for the team. The roadmap is always evolving and you will be looking for a role that provides constant change and variety like this.
● Liaising with the product team to identify problems and providing a clear definition of the problems that we are trying to solve.
● Understanding of the problem the business stakeholders wants to address
● Understanding analytics and data reports that show how the current product is being used, the current benchmark and revealing the broken steps in the flow.
● Performing competitive analysis to show and understand how competitors are tackling the same issues.
● Defining the persona and developing a number of assumptions for the given problem statement.
● Developing a number of design hypotheses with the user journey maps
● Validating design solutions through usability testing.
● Working with our development team to test and provide your feedback.
25% Research & Competitive Analysis
● Reviewing analytic and data reports showing how the feature is being used today.
● Analysing the system architecture and overall browsing experience to identify and usability issues and summarise findings
● Finding out how easy complete similar task with competitors and see how they tackle similar problems
50% Solutions & Delivery
● Summarising the research findings including IA recommendations.
● Developing design hypotheses; mockup wireframes to demonstrate the potential solutions
● Validating the design solutions within the product team and note any questions and concerns from key stakeholders to be addressed during the refinement or usability testing process
● Validating low / high fidelity solutions internally with key stakeholders and other UX team members; note any concerns and design risks that are highlighted during these internal review processes.
● Signing off deliveries - wireframes, interactive prototypes illustrating how such navigation works and responsive feedback
● Preparing for delivery on Zeplin with assets and style guides.
20% Usability testing
● Kicking off the recruitment process
● Developing a study plan
● Running and moderating the usability test
● Summarising the test findings with a report.
5% Supporting Development
● Reviewing the output from the development and providing design defect feedback
● Supporting the development in case of any missing items Expected Behaviours and Core Skills
● Understanding 10 Usability Heuristics rules for User Interface Design
● Become the voice of the users; be an expert on quantitative and qualitative insights.
● Good communication skills and being a team player
● Being open-minded and always providing the reason behind the solutions
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Providing the flows with meaningful content
Additional expected qualifications
● Interest/knowledge of the sport, and betting, preferably localised to the US or UK
● Understanding the betting terminologies
● Speak and write fluently in English.
● Experience at a startup/fast-paced environment
● Presentation skills
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more please apply with your CV and case studies showing well rounded UX & UI experience. Whilst they do have offices in London, there is no definite back to office work plan in place currently. Longer term the role could be offered as hybrid or fully remote depending on your situation.
Salary: Flexible for the right person but also dependent on location.