Job Title: Editorial Lead, EMEA Comms
Client Location: Remote (must be UK based)
Salary/Pay Rate: £65k plus bonus-33 days holiday prorata
Duration: 12 months can be extended to 24month
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of the company's products, the approach to the big public policy issues of the day, our values and distinctive company culture. Our team focuses on public discussions about the company and technology in the media, as well as social media and other public forums. To succeed you need to be willing to try new things and have the ability to manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic and inclusive team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across communications, marketing, product and beyond. You should be quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious.
The role: Editorial lead, EMEA Communications
As the lead in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for editorial, you will help write and polish much of the most important written work coming from the company, including blog posts, speeches, talking points, statements, op-eds and internal newsletters. To succeed, you need to be a great communicator who can understand complex issues and explain them via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more. The focus of your role will be helping us tell the company story in our own voice, whether it’s framing our latest product launch, showcasing people benefiting from our digital skills training, or writing about our responsible innovation. You will be the lead writer and editor of the European blog and will also take the lead on op-eds, speeches as well as take on a host of interesting writing and editing projects. You’ll partner with our social media team and others to help grow the reach and impact of our blogs and other editorial content produced.
- Develop written materials in conjunction with the communications teams, product teams and executives when necessary.
- Write and edit content for the European blog, and other local blogs across the region as needed.
- Develop and implement projects that fuel our campaigns with editorial content, blog posts, op-eds, videos.
- Assist with writing and editing projects where needed, helping us write better statements, talking points, soundbites, video scripts.
- Educate and upskill the wider communications team to be more effective writers.
- Collaborate closely with global, regional and country communications, policy and other teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of communications experience.
- 3-5 years of experience writing articles, speeches and/or op-eds (e.g. for senior business leaders, etc).
- Outstanding writing skills in English.
- Experience turning simple ideas into blog posts, articles or other persuasive written work with little editing needed.
- Experience working with blogging platforms, digital content and understanding of audience metrics.
- Demonstrated drive and humility, with the ability to make things happen, big and small, across time zones and teams, coupled with the grace to point the spotlight on others.
- A passion for, and keen understanding of what it takes to work across many different countries and cultures.