We are part of a Data Infra org in Facebook which builds monitoring for Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. Our team mission is to build world-class UI experiences for critical monitoring infrastructure at Facebook, including Detection, Investigation, and Incident Management. If you are looking to be part of a fast-moving team, work closely with UX designers, build intuitive products, and own the UX this is the opportunity for you!
- Designing technical solutions for complex problems
- Developing and implementing changes in Facebook internal products.
- Building and testing internal products for oncalls and first responders as required by Facebook.
- Driving execution of project independently
- Collaborating with Facebook Product Designers and internal users to deliver compelling internal-facing web based UI tools/products to enhance productivity of engineers and oncalls
- Following UI design principles and making products work intuitively.
- Investigating and finding resolution of issues encountered by users or other engineers.
- Supporting customers in user groups by proposing solutions to their issues and creating bugs / feature requests.
- Conducting design and code reviews for other engineering
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
- Experience in building products and user interfaces
- Experience in driving 3-6 months long projects independently
- 5+ years long experience in Hack (PHP), or other backend technology, React, and GraphQL
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques.
- Ability to learn quickly and being a team player
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.