- Competitive salary and bonus
- Start date:
- July/August 2021
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
- 12 month maternity cover
My client, a well-known brand operating in the FMCG space, based within fantastic surroundings of the home counties is looking for an exceptional Media Manager. Ideally, you will have come from an FMCG or agency background. The Media Manager role is pivotal in ensuring Global and Local brand media plans are optimised across EMEA. While media plans are managed locally, this role is pivotal in accelerating the media best practices across broadcast, auction-based media like programmatic, paid social and search. Providing best practice to agency partners and thought-leadership on traditional and non-traditional media to local brand teams. Building joint business plans and partnerships to accelerate ecommerce and our omni-channel strategy.
The role comes with significant stakeholder engagement responsibility – offering support in the development of the media strategy, execution of plans, commercial planning and budget management.
Alliance building, collaboration and consensus building with internal teams and external agency partners as well as across international territories are key requirements in the role. This will require both cultural sensitivity and business gravitas.
- Provide ongoing expertise and strategic thought leadership in media (TV, Display, Programmatic, Video, Social, Mobile, Digital OOH, etc.), with particular emphasis on media integration and an unbiased and media neutral approach in how they contribute to the broader media mix with regional and local marketing, sector, and brand leaders.
- Drive precision and data driven media plans across EMEA brands and provide best-practice guidance to local activation plans.
- Lead the planning, setup and on-going management of programmatic campaigns.
- Manage the budget and P&L for our programmatic account, including ad spend-pacing, with view to in-housing certain disciplines overtime.
- Continue to drive the existing digital transformation plans in collaboration with the Digital Director to build in-house capabilities with our agency of record.
- Work with Agencies and provide senior management and business units with EMEA marketplace forecasts, trends, and perspective on changing/developments in media landscape
- Provide media best practice guidelines across POE channels and broadcast media, while responsible for updating paid media digital dashboards.
- Integrate, shopper and e-commerce work streams into our EMEA media operations and within our program planning work, driving more agnostic channel thinking and less ATL/BTL thinking in channel recommendations
- Monitor and benchmark regional competitor activities and introduce strategies that position them ahead of the competition
- Manage and implement the consumer journey and audience strategy to optimise media plans and digital commerce targets.
- BA/BS degree – preferably in Mathematics, Analytics, Econometrics, Economics, Business
- 6 -10 years min FMCG EMEA media planning and buying experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of interaction at board level
- Proven track record of analytical experience and change management, potential development of analytical models
- Strong grasp of business strategy and ability to prioritize opportunities
- Understanding of how to deliver digital and media performance management via cross-functional team
- Clearly understands Paid/Owned/Earned media dynamics and how to plan, integrate and successfully implement
- Digital acumen beyond digital tactics and how to leverage for marketing in a digital world.
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Influential with peers, associate, internal customers, agencies
- Experience in regional environments, ability to work across various cultures & capability levels, understanding regional trends and media landscape across EMEA region—not just one market
- Agency Management – knows how agencies work (typical issues, way of working, internal working), and will manage effectively
- Progressive Mindset – will push both Agency and brand teams/markets to advance
- Enjoys coaching & feedback
- Collaborative and works well in a project/team environment
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. email@example.com
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.
This client is an American food company that manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavoring products for the industrial, restaurant, institutional, and home markets.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.