- Remote/split onsite London offices
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
- 12-month contract
Remote working/some onsite visits to Central London/20mins outside London
My client, a fantastic entertainment company are looking for a Press Officer to ensure the smooth running of the PR department by working closely with the Director of PR and Communications to realize the internal and external PR plan for the studio tours.
The role is expected to work independently and as well as collaborating with the PR team. You will be proactively generating stories and ensuring the PR agencies are working to their maximum capacity.
This will include copywriting and proof reading, media relations, local community engagement and general press office functions. The business employs the services of PR/Press Agencies in France, Germany, the UK and US who manage day-to-day relationship with consumer press.
Essential Job Functions:
Press and Publicity
- You will proactively come up with and execute media campaigns for all newsworthy activities and stories relating to the site
- Deputise for the Director of PR and Communications as required
- You will manage in-house press enquiries
- Write press releases, photo captions and photocall notices
- Lead some press outreach projects alongside PR agency
- You will answer media enquiries
· Oversee the creation and filming of video content for features
· Brief spokespeople ahead of interviews
· Be a brand guardian
· You will manage PR agencies on a day-to-day basis
· You will work with the PR Director on proactive international opportunities in key territories
· In collaboration with PR Director work with internal stakeholders around franchise opportunities
· Nurture relationships with key industry contact and local partners within the community
· Manage and run television shoots
Communication and copywriting
- You will write internal communication documents and newsletters
- You will coordinate production and distribution of local newsletter
- Coordinate press releases, photocall invitations, press pack material, translation of these into key languages and other promotional literature targeted at all relevant media areas
- You will work across the organisation to ensure the presentation of a consistent message and identity
- Ensure all communications are accurate, of a high standard, and true to the corporate standards
- Set up and run promotions and competitions, taking an active role in the website and social media campaigns.
- Act as content editor for the website – proof-reading all copy and taking a key role in its production – in order to maintain a consistent house style
- Respond to negative visitor feedback made publically i.e. on Facebook or TripAdvisor
- You will organise and deliver staff briefings around new features and events
Press events and Special Visitors
- You will coordinate ticket requests across disciplines and departments for VIPs, social media and talent visits.
- Ensure the above are met, briefed and the Studio Tour gains relevant coverage
- Coordinate and take ownership of media events at the attraction such as photocalls and conferences, both on- and off-site
· Attend trade and industry events to represent the Studio Tour
· You will handle behind-the-scenes talent to support Studio Tour features
· You will handle broadcast opportunities with TV outlets overseeing the entire process from legal agreements to filming
· You will help create PR worthy Studio Tour campaigns
· You will handle talent for events
· You will help organise and run press junkets for launches
- Circulate key media coverage and ensure displays are updated ensuring that media is monitored and competitor coverage compiled.
- File and store all press coverage
- Organise assets ie. images on ftp sites/compiling press packs/filing releases
- Deliver monthly and quarterly statistics and media reports as required
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the proven ability to proof others work for accuracy
- Previous experience working with Press & PR, ideally gained within a film, leisure, tourism, museum, heritage environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and media software packages
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and react to a fast-changing environment.
- Experience of briefing journalists, developing news stories and press releases, at national and regional level
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.
Our Client is a multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate that boasts a variety of iconic entertainment, news and sports brands. They believe in bringing people, technology and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.