- London (Must be UK based)
- 90k - 100k
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Andrew Zdunek
Lead Sofware Engineer - 100k
You like building things (and fixing things that aren’t quite right).
You know how to code, but that doesn't mean that’s all you know - you’re
product-passionate and used to working in a product-driven environment.
You’re Brave. You thrive in an environment that encourages taking calculated
risks, owning the times you’ve lost and celebrating the times you’ve won.
You’re willing to learn. We don’t just hire people who ‘know it all already’ we hire
team players who will admit they don’t know and commit to learning. Simple as
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Lead Backend Engineer, experienced in building data
acquisition pipelines using browser automation and API integrations. You’ll
be working in a small, agile team focused on architecting and building our
platform for both scale and experimentation.
● 6+ years’ experience writing software in a team, whilst:
○ Delivering large well-defined tasks and solving small scope
○ Leading large scale technical infrastructure projects
○ Breaking down large problems into smaller deliverables
○ Contributing to scaling engineering hiring
○ Building software as part of a highly functional product team
○ Owning technical decisions with high risk and low reversibility
○ Building highly-functioning engineering teams
○ Acting as a technical Product owner on technology-focussed
● Experience architecting resilient data ingestion or automation platforms
(e.g. scraping and/or API integrations)
● Deep understanding and hands on experience with browser automation
tools such as Puppeteer, Cypress or Selenium in a commercial setting
○ You must demonstrate 2+ years of commercial experience with
○ Some experience with other languages such as Go or Ruby is a
● Familiar with complex asynchronous messaging flows and application of
such flows within distributed systems:
○ Experience building event-driven architectures
○ Practical knowledge of tracing and monitoring tools
● Experience producing technical designs with consideration for scalability
● Understanding and practical application of design patterns and SOLID
● Experience working with multiple general purpose databases and
● Practical experience writing high quality tests (unit/integration/e2e)
● Experience building CI/CD pipelines:
○ You currently work in an environment where engineers are
responsible for deploying their code to production
○ You practice “infrastructure as code” and deploy your code in
containerised environments using Kubernetes
● Experience of coordinating complex deployments and database migrations
● Understanding of Agile methodologies and experience working closely with
● Experience of working in an objective-driven environment
● Demonstrable Computer Science background - ideally BSc / Msc in
Computer Science and strong quantitative skills, but we may consider
candidates who can demonstrate continuous learning
● Experience with Frontend and Mobile technologies such as React and
React Native, Redux and GraphQL
● Experience building a SaaS product within a startup environment
What we offer
● 30 days holiday Plus Bank Holiday
● Flex-time & work from home options
● Training budget for each team member
● Career progression opportunities
● LinkedIn Learning
● Perkbox (The platinum membership no less!)
● Lunch & Learns twice a month
● Monthly celebrations - once a month we drop everything to celebrate our
amazing teams, then we leave early for drinks on the company!
● More Swag than you can shake a stick at!
● Book Club
Changing how people manage their bills by putting them all in one
place. We connect directly to over a hundred household utility and service
providers. We collect all our customer’s bills to give them a clear understanding
of what they spend and help them to save money by switching to cheaper
We have big plans for 2020 and need talented engineers to help us deliver on
our ambitious roadmap and take the lead in a market that has yet to be
addressed. We have offices in London at Covent Garden and Manchester at
Spinningfields. We're 40 strong today and have plans to grow our engineering
team across both of our locations.
We're a customer focused bunch with tonnes of ideas to help you manage your
day to day expenses. We're looking for big thinkers and big doers to help
implement our new services that include open banking and live chat integration.
If you're looking for ways to get creative in your next challenge, then look no
further, we're built on our great ideas, teams and customers.
We believe in picking the right tools for the job so our stack includes (but is not
limited to): React & React Native, Node, Ruby, Go, Docker & Kubernetes,
Postgres, Terraform & AWS.
We also believe that automated-testing, pair-programming and peer-reviewed
code are the bare minimum required to deliver good software and are always
looking for ways to improve how we build software.