- Remote (must be UK based)
- £140k plus bonuses
- Posted By:
- Shana Hector
- 6 month FTC to start
The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
• Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems.
• Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
• Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
• Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Expert mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Expert knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
• Expert ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Expert knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.